I must admit to a little disappointment when we arrived at the Rosebery! The hotel is clean if a little dated but it was the little things that were missing? No hand towels (only large) no toiletries, no dressing table and the shower was almost useless the pressure was so low! Breakfast was OK but the ingredients were obviously cheap?
The biggest drawback was the cost!! At just under £100 for a double on a Sunday night it puts itself in direct competition with the likes of the Hilton on the Quayside and there is no comparison! What really got my goat was the surcharge for using a debit card !!!
So - nothing really wrong with the hotel but it would not be my first choice next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rosebery Hotel provides the perfect accommodation for those who are looking for that something special, rather than just a run of the mill chain hotel. The tasteful interior of the hotel provides guests with a relaxing and welcoming feel, in a quiet location, next to Jesmond Dene Park. Our rooms are light, spacious and airy, with high ceilings and charming original detailing. Offering guests free in-room continental breakfast, free Wi-Fi, Freeview television, free unrestricted parking and (being only 5 minutes from the city centre) a quick commute into the buzzing city of Newcastle. The Rosebery is also the nearest hotel to the Freeman Hospital, which makes us ideal for relatives of patients or locum staff, who require long term accommodation. The hotel bedrooms have comfortable, good sized beds, a flat screen television with built in DVD, a refrigerator and a seating area for breakfast. Our en suite rooms have fabulous bathrooms, some featuring roll top baths and rainforest showers and our basic rooms share a toilet and bathroom, all very nearby. We do have ground floor rooms available and we cater for vegans & those who have special dietary requirements. For longer term guests we do offer free clothes washing facilities and access to an ironing board, also we can provide use of the hotel's kitchen for use of the microwave. We provide guests who need it, luggage storage and Late and Early Check in's can be arranged with the hotel. The Rosebery is a pet friendly hotel, so if you want to bring your furry friend along, just let us know! We offer great discounts to Commercial groups, contractors, shop fitters, TV and Theatre production companies and the like. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate party groups or Stag/Hen groups. Save up to 30% by BOOKING Direct with the hotel either by phone or via our secure booking system. Third party booking portals charge more! Booking direct is much cheaper! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and LateRooms so you can book your Rosebery Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosebery Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Rosebery Newcastle Upon Tyne