“Worlds best restuturant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Solomons Lounge

Solomons Lounge
Ranked #343 of 1,253 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Solomons Lounge offers you delectable Punjarbi/Kashmiri cuisine surrounded in a luxurios authentic setting with second to none customer service. We pride ourselves in using only the finest of ingrediants cooked to perfection ensuring you a memorable dining experience.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worlds best restuturant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Went there for a birthday party and the starters were beutifull main food was just fabulous I would love to go there again and recommend it to every one

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Zohai
SolomonsGroup, Public Relations Manager at Solomons Lounge, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We appreciate your very positive review. Solomons Lounge will be undergoing a few subtle changes to decor and to menus to make your dining experience even more enjoyable over the next few weeks. Thanks again.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A very good local curry house”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I've just visited Solomon's Lounge for a meal with my Dad and we had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.
The food was tasty and well priced. There may not have been a WOW factor but overall the meal was on par with any other I've had from an Indian restaurant in the region.
One stand out point for me was the service. The staff were quick, friendly and had a great knowledge of the menu.
Solomon's Lounge is a very good local curry house. I will definitely be returning!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank RTurgoose
SolomonsGroup, Manager at Solomons Lounge, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thankyou for your very flattering review of our restaurant. Look out for our Kingfisher promotion during July where we give a free bottle with every table of four that book . We look forward to you return.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Awesome curry in Heaton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had a great early curry on a Friday night with my daughter here. Great atmosphere and brilliant service, the waiters were friendly and attentive. Food was excellent. The menu is very extensive and what we really liked was the ability to order bowls of any of the various curries. This was great for my daughter who likes to order starters such as onion bhajis/samosas etc for her main course and have some sauce with them. Only criticism was that my chicken tikka dhansak could have had more chicken in it, but it tasted great.

Prices are excellent, £35 for 2 of us, we will definitely be going back !

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tyezer
SolomonsGroup, Owner at Solomons Lounge, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We really appreciate your comments and are thrilled you enjoyed your meal.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“lovely food but”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The food was very delicious and the place looked lovely but the seating arangment was inpratical, we had to pass up our food to each other as there was no room for waiters. all though the food was outstanding it was a tiny bit expensive. overall a lovely place, lovely food just the seating arangment.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jasmine G
Your comments are very valid and at weekends our private booth is super popular. The very layout of the booth dictates the staff have access from the end of the table only . Apologies if this was an inconvenience. Other than that, sometimes guests in large groups share dishes making eating costs per head more affordable. Our main courses do start from £7.95 and portions are generous so perhaps we could point these out next time. Thanks again.
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“A Teacup Of Rice - don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am a large guy and have eaten literally hundreds of curry's all over the world. I don't expect anything approaching perfection or a gastronomic experience in a local Indian but this place is not remotely a good choice and doesn't deserve anything approaching more than 3 stars. I can only imagine people will give 80-100% marks for any old rubbish out of ignorance of what good British Indian food is and what else is available in Newcastle.

Soloman's food was adequate at best and they served me a tiny amount of rice. I took my mother there for her birthday (yep shes a child of the 60's and was brought up on curry in Sheffield) and I was thouroughly embarrassed.

My Kulfi was scraped off the bottom of the freezer .. defrosted and refrozen. My Tandoori main was burnt on one of those oh so early 90's sizzler cast iron "plates". It hadn't been anywhere near a tandoori oven either.

My partner and my mothers food were adequate but again thoroughly ruined by incredibly mingy portions.

I won't go there again.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Thunderballs
Posting your review 5 months after your visit has meant that we never got the opportunity to invite you back in for a free meal to make up for your experience. We try our best to offer one of the best Punjabi eating experiences and being Newcastle's largest Asian restaurant chain with thousands of happy customers every month we pride ourselves with keeping standards high. On this occasion we failed to please you but would have invited you back straight away.