“A Teacup Of Rice - don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Solomons Lounge

Solomons Lounge
Ranked #343 of 1,253 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Solomons Lounge offers you delectable Punjarbi/Kashmiri cuisine surrounded in a luxurios authentic setting with second to none customer service. We pride ourselves in using only the finest of ingrediants cooked to perfection ensuring you a memorable dining experience.
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“A Teacup Of Rice - don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am a large guy and have eaten literally hundreds of curry's all over the world. I don't expect anything approaching perfection or a gastronomic experience in a local Indian but this place is not remotely a good choice and doesn't deserve anything approaching more than 3 stars. I can only imagine people will give 80-100% marks for any old rubbish out of ignorance of what good British Indian food is and what else is available in Newcastle.

Soloman's food was adequate at best and they served me a tiny amount of rice. I took my mother there for her birthday (yep shes a child of the 60's and was brought up on curry in Sheffield) and I was thouroughly embarrassed.

My Kulfi was scraped off the bottom of the freezer .. defrosted and refrozen. My Tandoori main was burnt on one of those oh so early 90's sizzler cast iron "plates". It hadn't been anywhere near a tandoori oven either.

My partner and my mothers food were adequate but again thoroughly ruined by incredibly mingy portions.

I won't go there again.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Thunderballs
SolomonsGroup, Owner at Solomons Lounge, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Posting your review 5 months after your visit has meant that we never got the opportunity to invite you back in for a free meal to make up for your experience. We try our best to offer one of the best Punjabi eating experiences and being Newcastle's largest Asian restaurant chain with thousands of happy customers every month we pride ourselves with keeping standards high. On this occasion we failed to please you but would have invited you back straight away.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Indian food at it's best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had yet another superb meal at this restaurant. Food and service are the best. We would recommend it to all our friends.

• Visited March 2013
Many thanks for such a positive review. We serve hundreds of customers weekly across our three restaurants in Newcastle and try our best to deliver a first class Punjabi eating experience. Thank you once again.
York, United Kingdom
“LOVE IT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

The food was gorgeous, the price was good and the service was excellent! The staff are very friendly and make for a great atmosphere. Definitely recommend!

• Visited February 2013
“Best so far!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Food was lovely, service was excellent, and staff were very helpfull and friendly!!!! Price is quite reasonable

“It gets better & better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Went to solomons lounge for the second time and my god the food is getting better and better .Had a new dish the Lahori karahi recommended by 1 of the waiters and I was left licking my fingers it was served on a sizzler which made my night excellent food lads thanks again will be back soon!!