“Disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fratello's

Fratello's
Reserve with OpenTable
Fratello's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 1,243 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fratello's is a group of vibrant and stylish restaurants serving freshly prepared authentic Italian cuisine with a modern twist. We're located in Jesmond, Newcastle Airport and Scotch Corner and we believe in sourcing where possible only the best quality local ingredients and allowing their natural flavours to shine through. You'll enjoy watching our chefs preparing dishes using a fusion of modern and authentic methods in our open-plan kitchens with their dramatic, traditional Italian clay ovens. So whether you are looking to enjoy an intimate dinner for two or celebrate with your family or friends in traditional Italian fashion, Fratello's is the perfect choice. Trendsetters! We're a media savvy bunch at Fratello's so be sure to keep up to date with all the latest special events, offers and interesting snippets! Try these amazing apps too: Take tasty pics of your food and let people know where they can enjoy them or compete against friends whilst collecting points the more places you eat!
west yorkshire
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stopping at the holiday inn I decided to eat out at the restaurant as I heard some good reviews
I have to say the food quality was very poor for what I paid. The salmon was cheap and overpowered by salt. Terrible
I couldn't finish it off and hence didn't decide to have a dessert.
I'm not sure why this is an Italian restaurant , their was no ambience and the food was going to any cafe or takeaway. Def a big no no ... Wish I had stuck to santana's down the road.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank narzia

“Great restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic service from the staff very welcoming and attentive, lovely atmoshere with great Italian food! Plus they take taste cards so you can take advantage of 241 on the menu. If I had to pick a fault it would there isnt alot of time between courses but thats just me being fussy

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Have been dining here regularly for over a year. The food is always of a good standard and the service excellent.

Whilst the spelling might not always be perfect on the menu, the specials are always worth a go, especially the soups. The standard menu also offers a good range of pizza, pasta and steaks etc (even after a year!).

Service has noticeably proved since Alexandra took over as hostess. Equally it is difficult to fault Rachel, Hannah, Donovan, Jasmine (both of them), Louise-Marie and the others that I'm sure to have forgotten (or mis-spelled above).

That we stay and eat here every week after more than a year says it all really.

Bodmin, United Kingdom
“Always good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Visit regularly for business , and have to say always very good. Tonight mackerel fillet to start, special pork loin and a fantastic plum crumble for sweet. Thanks to the kitchen staff and restaurant staff lead by the very efficient and welcoming hostess Alexandra. I look forward to next time.

“Fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Had a fantastic meal here this evening, the staff were attentive and helpful but still left us to peacefully enjoy our meal.

What I thought was great was the low-calorie/low alcohol wine, I was a bit sceptical as to taste at first but when I tired it (I had the muscat) it was gorgeous. The food was cooked well, suited our taste perfectly and the duck my partner had was cooked as requested.

The only negative I have is the sweet menu, it was a bit limited and seemed like it was trying too hard but that may just be personal taste.

Overall a fantastic meal, lovely ambience and will definitely be returning soon.

• Visited March 2014