“Great for a quick bite”

Pinocchio Restaurant
Ranked #201 of 1,252 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Postcode NE1 1SG Phone 0191 232 0708
falkirk
“Great for a quick bite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Went for the early evening menu after work with some colleagues, food was good although portion size of pasta could have been bigger. 1 waitress was great, the Italian, the other was certainly not! its not great being served by a sullen teenager with no uniform on who made it seem like an effort to be torn away from her dinner to get us a couple of colas! that was all that let the place down, which is unfortunate. Would recommend for a quick meal, its not the type of place you could spend hours in. Again, not alot of space between tables so dont think it would be great if full.

Visited November 2012

“They nose good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

This is a regular haunt of my dad and so he brought my wife and I here for a pre concert meal.What a fantastic little treat,inside is nicely decorated and you could easily be sitting in a cafe in florence.The staff were very friendly and what a refreshing change to actually have italian staff instead of the usual unfriendly eastern europeans that are in evrey restaurant.The food was great although ceaser salad a little heavy on mayo.The house red was delightful and very reasonable.Both pastas were great and my wifes pizza was delicously thin and crispy.So all in all a great experience and cant wait to come back.

1 Thank Stu-watp
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“A surprise worth trying”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I called at this restaurant one quiet Tuesday night as I was staying in the hotel across the road and had ate there twice before.
It looks a little 60's Italian with the decor and Rat Pack music but the service was very good and the Main course of Spaghetti Pescatora was second to none althogh the deep fried squid as a starter was a little over done.
No puddings were offered but a good coffee and overall very worth a visit if only to see the decor, very unusual but fitting for the place,a surprise worth trying and I dont think you will be disatisfied.
Staff were very attentive and you felt welcomed.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ciaoLincoln
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Very dissapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

First visit 6p.m booking prior to Arena concert.Staff superficially pleasant in that they enquired how our meal was however not particularly concerned at the response.I ordered Caesar Salad ,have to say have never had it served this way..anywhere.My plate arrived looking like a snow scene covered in grated not shavings of parmesan cheese,Main course I selected vegetarian pizza which was described as having spinach and courgettes as topping,I love spinach.What arrived was a vegetarian pizza but topped with mushroms ,peppers and olives,no courgette,no spinach .I commented to waiter who confirmed in the kitchen agreed an error had been made and said would rectify.Meanwhile my friend who had been served her food was almost finished her meal before I was served with the most unappealing pizza ever,who uses frozen spinach?I was so dissappointed and left most of it uneaten , despite this 12 hours on am suffering from terrible indigestion.I shall not be visiting this overpriced, poor quality establishment again

• Visited November 2012
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“check your deal before you go”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

on a positive note the staff are very friendly and welcoming.
i had a living social voucher
these vouchers don't always have the deal clearly itemised on them so i always write it down for myself when i order the deal eg a starter up to the vale of ?, main up to value of , glass of wine up to value of etc and staple my note to the voucher for my reference when i visit the restaurant, i asked for 2 large glasses of wine when i sat down and the waitress/ owner said the deal came with small glasses of wine. i showed her my note and she did give us large ones. was that a mistake or was she trying to keep cost down. she did not advise us what dishes we could order such as you can have steak etc but need to pay the difference in value. the king prawn starter was tasty and my daughters bruchetta was bit too tomatoey but also edible. my daughter had pizza which she was too full to finish but they readily agreed to put it into a box for her to take home, my steak pasta dish was very small and it was difficult to be certain but the meat tasted just slightly 'off'. that may have been the sauce tho, left most of that. the side salad was very underwhelming too.
i asked for the bill and had already totted it up in my head as we had a bottle of wine also and 2 of the courses were for a greater value than the voucher stated and the salad was an extra too.
i did not get a proper bill, i got a torn off bit of notepaper which stated
voucher
then underneath £20.95.
this amount was correct i think but it was a bit odd not to have a proper bill.
i,ve been there in the past and i am sure it has always been itemised as you would expect.
we were going to pay cash but decided to put it on a card as we had a feeling this would not have gone thru the till otherwise that is just our guess tho' have nothing other that a 'gut- instinct' to back that statement up.
will not be returning