“lovely restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Postcode NE1 1SG Phone 0191 232 0708
Reviewed April 18, 2012

If I had read the reviews before I went to this restaurant maybe I wouldn't of gone but my daughter and her partner have eaten here afew times before so we went at tea time which was quiet (just down the street from The Carling Academy which is extremely handy if you are going to a concert, we allowed 1 1/2 hours) We were served by lovely staff and the food was gorgeous.We shared a garlic bread and had lasagne and penne pasta with bolognese, 2 alcoholic drinks and 2 soft drinks. The bill was just under £30. I will definately go back.
I don't have any negatives!

1  Thank stevenperkins5

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Staff was nice and food is brought quickly. But the food was ordinary not really I am used eating in Italy. Also the housewine is not great. I always like to take a espresso at an Italian restaurant, but this espresso is just like ordinarry coffee. Will not go there anymore

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Pinnochio used to be in my top three restaurants in Newcastle. Myself and my partner have ate there many times over the past four years.
To be honest the service has never been amazing, we went there for the food and the romantic atmosphere, but over the past year the service is now unbearable, moody staff who are so rushed they just don't have the time for you, no smiles, sarcastic comments etc etc.
I gave Pinnochio one last try last month, I booked it for a Birthday party for my sister, a large table of 16 guests. I was very disappointed - once again the staff were very rude, we only recieved one drink each and were not asked again if we would like anymore, we had to make our own way to the bar if we wanted a second drink. I had to ask the waiter three times for a knife to cut the birthday cake and for some plates, we waited about 15 minutes!!!!
The food at Pinnochios is gorgeous, generous portions too, the mozzarella corozza is out of this world. However I will not be returning again, such a shame as it has the ability to be a fabulous restaurant - if only they could sort the staff out.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Having walked past several times this restaurant, my friend and I decided to try it for something a bit different then where we usually go. And we were genuinely surprised at how nice the staff were and big the restaurant was!

My friend and I were promptly asked for drinks which were brought back to us within minutes. Looking at the menu there was so much to choose from but decided to have to garlic bread Pinocchio to share. Wasn't what we expected when it was described as having tomato cheese and garlic, we expected tomato purée. Instead, we were presented with fresh tomato which was a very nice change from the norm.

For the main we both had the pasta bake which was both enjoyable and freshly cooked as opposed to the normal bakes you get where they're prepped before then cooked!

The only thing I would say is that we got the bill quickly but they were very slow to come and take payment.

The charge for this was much much less than we expected for great service, great food and a great atmosphere. We will definitely be returning to be a bit more adventurous with the menu.

2  Thank Rachael W
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Hi sat night is not the best time to base a review round but this is the only night we go out so..... Arrived and staff gave us a good welcome and sat us down with a few menus. Selection of drinks were poor so just ordered water and d coke. Looking through the menu did to set the pulses racing so I ordered a cheesy garlic bread and a king prawn in a creamy/tomatoe sauce. The garlic bread was prob the worst I've had in a resturant I've had better at the pizza shop but as I was hungry I ate it. The mains came quickly enough and I was asked for parmesan etc which normally I turn down but on having a sly taste of my pasta first I accepted to try and get some taste on the plate. The pasta dish wasnt very good, my wife made the same dish in the week and it was a lot better, being English though I ate it. All in all I based this on the meal not on smiles entering and leaving and loads of better places to go in town so ask anyone to read the recent reviews with a open mind cos they all sound to good to be true. Anyway way we hit the toon afterwards which saved the night ps my girlfriend had the same and felt the same.