“Best burger ever! (vegetarian)”
Review of Fat Hippo Jesmond

Fat Hippo Jesmond
Ranked #124 of 1,314 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fat Hippo specialise in the good kind of gluttony: making indulgent burgers that have you loosening your belt buckle before you've even started!
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely little place. went randomly with family on a day out shopping, for lunch. service was really quick and staff were very nice and accomodating for my mothers gluten allergy. we rang ahead and they had a gluten free bun ready for her which was a real treat for her. at least 4 veggie options too so plenty on choice. generous portions everything tasted amazing cannot fault anything! the jalapeno poppers are So lush! we would have liked to see some cheesecake on the desert menu but thats just our favourite so its not a complaint at all just a personal preference. would highly recommend to anyone and will be going back :)

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here more times than I remember and the burgers are always decent. The buns soft, the burgers juicy. Not much more you want with a burger really like is there?

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

A must visit for a proper homemade burger. Service is great and food is always fresh.
Good place for group bookings also. There was 24 of us and service was still perfect and food arrived at the same time.

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Famous among students for its burgers, I think it's good value food. I go semi-regularly for a Saturday brunch and, although my experience of any 'eggs' breakfasts have been average or a bit disappointing (they can't rival the excellent nearby cafe 1901 in that..), the Full English is pretty good and pretty good value (£5.70).

Fat Hippo is in the heart of the studenty Jesmond so I tend to prefer to go during the Uni holidays. They also serve good coffee from local Ouseburn Coffee Company.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I'm salivating at the thought of going back again. Nicest burger/chips I've ever consumed. Totally recommend it! Mmmm