“Really nice burgers ”
Review of Fat Hippo Jesmond

Fat Hippo Jesmond
Ranked #132 of 1,292 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fat Hippo specialise in the good kind of gluttony: making indulgent burgers that have you loosening your belt buckle before you've even started!
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here more times than I remember and the burgers are always decent. The buns soft, the burgers juicy. Not much more you want with a burger really like is there?

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

A must visit for a proper homemade burger. Service is great and food is always fresh.
Good place for group bookings also. There was 24 of us and service was still perfect and food arrived at the same time.

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Famous among students for its burgers, I think it's good value food. I go semi-regularly for a Saturday brunch and, although my experience of any 'eggs' breakfasts have been average or a bit disappointing (they can't rival the excellent nearby cafe 1901 in that..), the Full English is pretty good and pretty good value (£5.70).

Fat Hippo is in the heart of the studenty Jesmond so I tend to prefer to go during the Uni holidays. They also serve good coffee from local Ouseburn Coffee Company.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I'm salivating at the thought of going back again. Nicest burger/chips I've ever consumed. Totally recommend it! Mmmm

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We visited the Fat Hippo a couple of weeks ago as always wanted to try the place. I rang on the day of our visit and was lucky that they had a table free which was a bonus!

Even on our arrival the place was very busy and they were turning people away with it being that busy.

I had heard portions were big so we opted not to go with a starter which in hindsight was a good thing with what we ordered was a feast in itself!! I opted for the Fat Hippo burger which was a burger with chorizo, cheese and bacon as well as a stack of onion rings in the burger and normal cut chips. My wife ordered the Burger and we decided to opt to share some onion rings.

Our food arrived and presentation wise it was impressive, the food was tasty and really filling hence why I am glad we didn’t order starters!

With drinks as well as food then the cost was reasonable. Obviously you pay a bit more for a burger here than your usual places but you are paying for a good quality burger at the end of the day.

I will definitely pay another visit to the place to try a few more of their burgers as looking round at other people’s food then they all looked really nice.