“Nice Little Burger House” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fat Hippo Jesmond
Ranked #115 of 1,243 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“Nice Little Burger House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a great place in the heart of Jesmond, we were looking for somewhere new and exciting to eat and found this nice place on tripadvisor and gave it a try.

From the friendly staff to the amazing and generous portions this is a great place to eat. The burgers are tasty and nicely presented. Reasonable prices and you won't leave hungry!

Highly recommend eating here and would definitely be back soon!

• Visited April 2013

“Better by hungry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great food with great service! Lots of food at a great price! Well worth booking as always full! Favourite Jesmond haunt.

• Visited May 2013
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
“Quite a decent place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I love this little restaurant. Although the place is quite small, we managed to get a seat but we were quite close to the people next to us. The restaurant does have a cosy feel. I ordered the Sloppy Joe which was a beef burger with chilli and cheese. I didn't think the chilli had a very strong taste, I couldn't really tell it was there but the burger was nice and the chunky chips were lovely and the meal was a decent size. I liked the presentation of the meal with it being on a wooden board and the chips in a little metal bucket. I thought the prices were fairly reasonable for a meal, mine was £8.90 for the burger. My husband had the Texas BBQ which he said was good. There wasn't much in the way of desserts, I had the Chocolate Fudge Cake with ice cream which was ok. It was warm and tasted fairly good but I thought it was a bit small compared to the sizes of the meals they serve. The only slight issue was the fly that was found in my apple juice but the waitress replaced this straight away and didn't charge me for the drink.

• Visited April 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food, Big Portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

When I first found the Fat Hippo, I was delighted to have finally found a proper burger place in newcastle on and my jesmond-ian doorstep as well. In my eyes a brioche bun is a must for a gourmet burger. The staff were very friendly and helpful too. AND theres a happy hour offer!

To summarise, a great menu in a great location. The portions are a lot bigger than I anticipated meaning I was full a quarter of the way through my main. However, the perfection of the burgers spurred me on...

• Visited May 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“amaaaazing food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great burgers and great atmosphere - ate there this past weekend. Perfect price point as well, for a leisurely lunch in the sun :)

• Visited June 2013