“Fantastic Food with Great Service”
Review of Orchid

Orchid
Ranked #105 of 1,308 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Visited here yesterday with my girlfriend after a few drinks on the quayside. We had the early evening banquet (superb value) and everything we were served was great! The waiters were spot on and I couldnt pick a fault if I tried. I will definitely be going back!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We arrived about 7 and by half past the restaurant was full - and this was mid week. We were a little apprehensive on whether they would be able to support our table of 6 as well as every one else - but we needn't have worried. The food was excellent and the service was top standard. there was no rushing our choices or our food and when the food came it was presented fabulously with carved figures - which they let one of our party take home for the kids - who have since given them names !

A great night out with good comapny and fantastic food. A bit pricey but in the scheme of things about right for a Chinese meal - I would go again ...and again ...

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Can not fault this restaurant , salt and pepper king prawns to die for ! Amazing food but this was not even the best aspect , the service was outstanding attentive but not in your face. The restaurant is a bit out of the way but well worth seeking out ........ really fantastic, well done Orchid restaurant

1  Thank MCC2013
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We went fairly early in the evening as we booked last minute. What a great place. The staff were so friendly and attentive but not overly so. We didn't go for the banquet but it looked fab from the table next to us!
Our food was absolutely delicious - especially the mains (I'm often disappointed by the mains at a Chinese restaurant!) The duck in plum sauce was yummy, so tender and not fatty at all and I tried my husband scallops and king prawn in hot wine sauce and that was equally as delicious.
This is not the cheapest place to eat but certainly not the dearest - we'll definitely be back!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Staff amazing all super attentive couldn't ask for more!! Food was outstanding .. came with a party of four all fully satisfied will be back and truely recommend to anyone many thanks to a lovely evening