“Birthday Celebrations”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Orchid

Orchid
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Birthday Celebrations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Went here with some friends for my birthday. Service was impeccable and the food was amazing!! Great customer service from the Manager. Not only is this a friendly restaurant, the food really is lovely. I would recommend this to any of my friends and I wil certainly return again soon. Big thank you to the Manager. :-).

Maria x

1 Thank Maz1503

Whickham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hen night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

The Orchid has been a special resturant for me for a few years and last night I was pleased to introduce my hen party to it. My bridesmaid had contacted Kevin to organise a party of 19 hens coming. We were having a mixture of banquets and individual meals including 3 vegetarians. Nothing was a problem. The food was 5 star and the service just as good. I have never written a review but after last nights experience I felt anyone looking for somewhere to eat in Newcastle has to try here.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank lilouchlo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Amazing food! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We visited Orchid and were not let down. The staff were lovely and very helpful. We chose to order from the set evening banquet menu. The food was delicious and even more so because it was served on a hot plate. We will definitely be returning!

1 Thank sarahlf14
“Lovely helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Thank you for looking after me as a solo dinner with specific taste. You made exactly what I wanted as I had not been feeling to great and needed some fresh ginger to help my stomach!

Really nice food and not smothered in MSG !

1 Thank Margaretbaluta
Durham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

We have been regular customers to the Orchid now for over a year. On all occasions the food has been excellent. Really good portion sizes , we often ask for a break between courses which is not a problem for the staff. We have never felt rushed as have sometimes in other local Chinese restaurants . Kevin and Gemma always make us feel we are valued customers and the service has always been excellent . We truly cannot fault the food and service and we will continue to eat at the Orchid which is now our favourite restaurant . 10 out of 10 for us. Please give it a try you will not be disappointed , Bev & Reg

• Visited February 2014