“Fantasic Chinese Food, Best in Town”
Review of Orchid

Orchid
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have now been to Orchid a number of times and the food never fails to disappoint. Service was fast and staff are very friendly, always willing to help.
A great menu choice and something for everyone (I was with my children aged 8,11 & 13). Food is freshly cooked and I would recommend the Chilli shreaded beef.
Having visited a number of chinese restuarants in Newcastle in business and pleasure, I have to say this one stands out as a MUST TRY.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Myself & my husband had a absolutely outstanding meal here. There was so much choice from fantastic seafood (which is my husbands favourite) to fabulous meat dishes.
Every dish we had was the tastiest food we have experienced in a Chinese Restaurant and was presented stunningly by extremely friendly and helpful staff.
Parking was so easy and free as well which is a bonus in Newcastle, (in copthorne over road)
We were so impressed we have booked to take my Father in Law and family there for his very special 70th Birthday.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We took our daughter here whist paying her a visit at Uni, we were all looking forward to it but the food was very disappointing, the crispy duck was very dry the steamed dim sum tough and chewy and were an unappetising grey colour. Of the three main courses we really only enjoyed one of them, the sizzling Cantonese beef was tough, chicken with cashew.& asparagus tasteless, all in all not the dining experience we had been looking forward to. The staff were friendly enough.

Kevin-Chan_Manager, Manager at Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear flowerpotManchester. I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your meal with us. We take pride in the quality of our food and to read that you did not find it to your liking concerns me. I have asked my team if they can remember any complaints of the nature outlined in your review and none of them can recall any. Please be assured that if you had told us you weren't entirely happy during your meal, my staff and I would have done everything within our power to make certain that you and your family had a dining experience to remember for all the right reasons. Once again, I can only apologise that the meal was not to your satisfaction.

Yours Sincerely - Kevin Chan - Manager

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Meal chosen was for two orchid A buffet 70 that's not including drinks food was good but first course of soap contained a bit of plastic which we were told came from the containers they keep the vegetables in. The manager apologized and took the drinks off of our bill, two beers and two apple juices so price was £69.98 won't be going back as first impressions count for a lot and potential swollowing of plastic is rather unlikely but extra effort to avoid hear say is worth more than over a tenner discount for drinks.

1  Thank rkite2385
Kevin-Chan_Manager, Manager at Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Sir. I cannot apologise enough for the unfortunate incident that spoiled your meal. We strive to give every customer the very best of dining experiences and it saddens me that on this occasion we weren't able to meet our own high standards.

Please be assured that I have implemented measures in the kitchen that will ensure a slipup of this nature will never happen again. I am sorry you feel that the discount given was not enough to compensate for the mishap. Every customer is important to us and I would be grateful if you would contact me either by phone or email and allow me the opportunity to make amends

Yours Sincerely - Kevin Chan - Manager - Tel: 0191 221 1388 - Email: kevin.chan@orchidnewcastle.co.uk

Reviewed May 19, 2013

4 of us dined here on Friday night. The decor is modern but inviting, the menu had some interesting dishes, not just your typical Chinese food. One of my friends had duck stuffed with minced prawn and crab - delicious! The service was faultless, very professional and attentive. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant.