“Lovely Food, Great Atmosphere”
Review of Buca di Beppo

Buca di Beppo
Reserve with OpenTable
Buca di Beppo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #866 of 1,293 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

When me & my parter got engaged his parents paid for a night away for us at The Village Hotel. Included in the package was our Breakfast the next morning, a meal for two (from a set menu). I's not sure how much this cost, but am lead to believe it's great value, especially as we were staying in the 'Upper Deck' Rooms.

The Restaunt has a traditional feel as you walk through & the staff were lovely - greeting and sitting you at your table. Cocktails were on offer in Happy hour so we filled up on these, and also bought a bottle of Rose since the meal was already paid for.

The food was delicious, with large portions. I cant fault the food at all.

The set menu changes all of the time, however, if the Calamari Fritti is on the menu for Starters, get it, It's amazing.

I'm pleased we had this in the offer (for room & food) as the restuarant is quite pricy for certain dishes. But would go back again - even to pay full price as the food really is that good.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Wish we had read the reviews first. In a nutshell 'appalling.' Slow service, food atrocious. Won't be back!!

1  Thank WiseOneToo
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Im writing this now only to protect a lady who worked in the kitchen we knew here. Because we knew her my partner and I did a visit on the quiet without telling her we were going.

All I can say is the food was the worst I've had in ages. Around me the people were ordering similar things and I could see them too poking their food with forks and shaking their heads.

Place looked ok and ladies service were pleasant I have to say but tended to forget us very quickly.

We had to tell our friend (who no longer works there) and she actually agreed. She says they had to stick to the American format even though the food tastes bad and even people in the kitchen think its bad..

Its not cheap either. Plenty of better places to go and its a shame the place looks quite nice.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I love Buca in the USA so it was with some trepidation that I went to this UK version, after all so many things cross the pond and are never the same. Well Buca Newcastle is spot on, if it were not for the Geordie accents I would never have guessed I was not in the USA.
From the warm and friendly welcome to the décor and the food this is Buca at it's best, OK the UK portions are not on the gargantuan scale of the USA but then "everything is bigger in the USA!" and the quality of the food was brilliant.
If you love Italian food with a bit of authentic American Italian style then don't miss out on Buca, they even accepted my voucher from Buca America for a free birthday desert! Special mention also for Katie our waitress who was bright, friendly and a credit to Buca.
Oh and thanks everyone for my special birthday song... though keep the day job!!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Arrived at the restaurant to be told that my booking had been cancelled because someone else of the same name had booked at 7 pm - do people not have the same surnames?.After a short wait we were shown to our table. We ordered our food along with water and cocktails. The food came and I could hardly eat mine it was so spicy which was strange as there was no spice mentioned on the menu. I had to get a glass of water from the couple on the next table as ours hadn't arrived.I asked the waiter what my dish was and he said that it was spicy chicken - I had ordered wild boar! He quickly took my dish away and brought back the right dish after around 5 minutes. By this time my friend had finished hers and we still had no drinks. I had to ask for the drinks and eventually they came. The girl was apologetic and said they would be taken off the bill as they were so late.
The couple on the next table got their pasta and were offered black pepper and Parmesan cheese - we had not been offered those and I told the waiter, who was quick to point out that it wasn't him who had forgotten. We then had to ask for the desert menu after we had been ignored for about 20 minutes. Our desserts came with no fuss and they were correct, hooray!

When the bill came the cocktails were on it still so I had to go sort that out. I have never received such bad service anywhere. It was so bad it was really laughable, hence the title. Was this restaurant very full I hear you ask - no, it was nearly empty. If the management don't sort out this service then I'm afraid that the only customers will be those who are staying in the hotel if they haven't read trip adviser first. I can go to an Italian anywhere and pay around £8 for a 3 course meal - I will do exactly that in future.