“For conveyor belt sushi it's pretty good”
Review of YO! Sushi - Fenwick Newcastle - CLOSED

YO! Sushi - Fenwick Newcastle
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I usually stop here for lunch when I'm in Newcastle on my own. The service is quick, the sushi is good, they make it if it's not on the belt. Good for lunch in a rush or on your own.

1  Thank Jamadu

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Really lovely food and always fresh, we eat here quite alot when in Town.
The only thing that really annoys me (and others have said this) is that the staff stand around the kitchen area and chat to each other, paying little attention to the customers. It is very difficult to catch their attention if you want to order a special dish or ask for the bill.
Real shame, as that spoils the experience.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stood around for what seemed like an eternity before I was seated, but once I sat down the service was fine. If you know the routine here, you know how it goes. Lots of tasty dishes pass in front of your eyes and you pick up what you want. Food is coloured coded, each plate has a different colour and this relates to a price. If you want something cooked there is a button beside the condiments, and if you press the button a member of staff takes your order. I defy anyone above a certain age not to think of The Generation Game, or a cuddly toy while surveying the conveyor belt :0) I thought it was expensive, but I did eat quite a lot, so keep an eye of the colour of the plates when you are choosing. But food is good and the staff are very friendly. This is a relaxed and informal environment perfect for enjoying with a friends.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Visited yo sushi in fenwicks again. Nice quality food and speedy service. If you want to spend more time and have a chat with your dining companions I would recommend that you ask for a booth, otherwise as in most of the yo sushi places you will be sitting side by side which makes conversation difficult if there are more than two of you in your party.
I'm not actually a fan of sushi but there are lots of hot dishes available which are very good. Also there are set menus for diners who are new to this type of food. The only disappointment for me at the fenwicks one is that they do not serve tempura, which I had at yo sushi in London and really enjoyed. Some good healthy options here too.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

The Northern versions especially in the Metro Centre are very different to the London versions, have a look at my title. I will explain, because London has a high volume of asian tourists with discerning appetites they use a lot of raw fish and present some interesting food. Most of what is on offer here you can make at home. Expensive and poor.