“Curry with added bling!”
Review of Akbars

Akbars
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I visited Akbars with some work colleagues one Saturday evening. This is a very large restaurant! If you want an intimate meal for two, this may not be quite right for you but it's a good venue for for a buzzy evening with a bit of bling and a curry.
The food 'modern Indian' - so expect very large naan breads, better quality starters and smart waiting staff. I must say, the food was very good. As ever, it's best to order more starters than mains and don't over order the bread- no matter how tempting.
Service was efficient and friendly and the bill was reasonable. ( we paid £20 per person for two courses,drinks and breads).
If you're expecting Michelin star, this isn't it. But if you want a fun, bling restaurant with decent food and a fair price, this could be for you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,384)

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant, decent food, good portions and very reasonably priced. The staff here were excellent, very attentive and pleasant. I would suggest a visit for a nice night out or a catch up with friends but I wouldn't attend for anything special etc due to it having a 'chain' restaurant feel.
I felt that the dishes we chose were more oil based than many would be used too and the chicken was lacking slightly in quantity and size. Having said that It was a tasty meal and if it wasn't for those few things I would give it full marks.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

great food, great service and great value. I couldn't fault it. We went there for a Christmas night out.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have paid several visits to this over the top restaurant ,each time I have been let down .The food is not great the service is poor .The worst nan bread I have ever had big is not always best ,quality not quantity The decor is cool and trendy ,but give me a good old fashioned curry house anytime somewhere they really care about the customer .I like to eat out for the food not just because its a cool place to be seen .The prices are a bit over the top for what you get ,you just don't feel valued .I won't be going back.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

A little disappointed with this restaurant. The food was dull and lacked taste. The family garlic naan didn't have any garlic in. The choice was limited and the acoustics made the level of noise too much. The prices were cheap so once again you get what you pay for. Won't be going here again.