This is not a modern boutique hotel, in fact until recently it was one of the best in Newcastle. Its still very good, service is excellent, parking free and plentiful, the rooms are comfortable but like the rest of the hotel, traditionally decorated but in good condition.
The hotel is out of the city (a £12 cab ride) so if you're planning to spend all your time in the center there are others which may suit better. Clientele seems to be slightly older, suited me as it was nice 7 quiet, I think a coach party of retirees was in.
Overall I enjoyed my stay and thought it excellent value for the price paid, including a very good buffet breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 12.5 Acres of woodland close to the vibrant city centre and Newcastle International Airport, the Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park offers the ideal setting for short breaks and business travel. Contemporary by design, this premier Newcastle hotel blends gracious service with thoughtful amenities that all travelers will appreciate. The chic lobby leads to spacious, beautifully renovated guest rooms featuring luxurious new bedding and convenient high-speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Newcastle Marriott Hotel Gosforth Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newcastle Marriott Gosforth Park
- Marriott Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Marriott