All reviewsseaton burnswimming poolexecutive roomtwo double bedsgosforth parksauna and steam roomcoach partyno liftthe ground floorgood sizeair conleisure facilitiesrestaurant staffwould stay againpublic areasfamily roomcity centre
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Great facilities, large room with two double beds,which are very comfy and clean, pool, gym, steam room, sauna, lovely bar and dining room. Very polite staff whoever is on reception, especially Tara and Rebecca, two lovely ladies.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank david b
gm_hinewcastle, General Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Tara & Rebecca are so happy & I thank you for recognising the good work that they do. great to read that you loved your comfy clean bedroom and made use of our public areas to relax. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Stayed in a very large refurbished room with 2 double beds. Very comfortable bed indeed & immaculately clean, modern, comfortable room. Excellent breakfast. Gym, pool, sauna & steam room a definite bonus. Overall a fantastic stay & excellent value for money.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

What a brilliant review and great feedback for housekeeping and the breakfast team - thank you so much. Do visit again soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2014

From the moment i arrived the service was impeccably efficient and friendly too. The check in was seamless and the girls in the reception Rebecca and Tara gave me a warm welcome such lovely girls, and a credit to the hotel. The room was very well appointed and decorated with lots of toiletries and towels. The hotel is very nice , The breakfast is excellent too! I would definitely stay there again on my next trip to Newcastle.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank marcus b

What a great review and thank you for highlighting the service and friendliness and in particular recognising Rebecca & Tara - they will be so proud. Your appreciation for the whole stay is will be shared with the teams & is very encouraging. Thank you

Reviewed August 24, 2014

I'm writing this at 3.50am so perhaps it will indicate my night rest!

I'll start with arriving well mannered receptionist, executive room nice and spacious and usual good clean standard.

Restaurant usual fayre poor value starters the pate and bloomer bread should be referred to trade descriptions two small pieces of bread. Main not to bad prices reflect convenience of eating in. Michelle who served us excellent.

Friday night was fine got off to sleep weekend looked good.. Saturday night wedding party in and at 1.30am ish drunk banging against his door trying to get in!.. Ok it's a wedding party give and take.

Sunday night tonight's been awful steady noise that finally I called reception at 2.00am .. Professional chap Mark who pointed out that had I called about the noise earlier he would of come up to the floor to sort it sooner. Fair enough but how was I to know it would last so long slamming doors etc? 30mins later a dog barks in the corridor I make the second call down Mark slightly condescending confirms dogs are allowed and would we like him to have a word with the guests? Not really the dogs stopped barking I'll stay awake and let you know if it starts again straight away.

After staining in boutique hotels and spa type establishments that charge £30-40 a night more and fail to deliver I persuaded my wife that holiday inns deliver! What a mistake!

We've got one more night thank goodness and then a 275 mile drive back to pinner where believe it or not it's quiet..

Total let down not to be repeated.. This is by far the worst review I've given not surprising considering the lack of sleep.. Luckily I have a plan B if it's like this Monday I'm off to the van in the car park I've got a sleeping bag in there from carp fishing it will be a shame to leave Julie in the room ... Drivers perk!

Room Tip: Not sure I can be fair with this
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank john p

I am really sorry that your stay was spoiled by other guests and not in effect by the hotel team. Taking the time to acknowledge the positives is greatly appreciated at a time (3.50am) when it must have been difficult to be positive in any way. I know our duty manager added a credit to your account & if we knew who the guilty party people were we would have charged them for the noise damage they created. Hopefully you will consider us for a future stay.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

We have visited the hotel 4 times and twice we have had a fantastic stay and twice we have had an OK stay. the 2 times we have had any issues has been when there has been a wedding function and the guests get a little drunk and a lot loud. if they could somehow separate guests better the hotel would be perfect. All that said I do really like this hotel!

Room Tip: Check if there are any function on before you book
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for supporting the hotel and understanding some of the challenges. We have recently bought signage of a baby sleeping with "Sshh" emblazoned across it to re-enforce the message to please be quite in the bedroom corridors. Please do remember that reception is covered 24 hours so please do contact them if there is disturbance. Thank you again for a positive review and your loyalty.