All reviewsseaton burnswimming poolexecutive roomtwo double bedsgosforth parksauna and steam roomno liftcoach partythe ground floorair congood sizeleisure facilitiesrestaurant staffwould stay againpublic areasfamily roomcity centre
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Myself and two friends stayed overnight here on Saturday night (26th July). As we were going to Ladies Day at Newcastle Races we wanted to check in slightly earlier so we could be ready and at the races for the first race. The hotel were able to accommodate our request which was very much appreciated! The hotel also booked a taxi for us to take us to the races.

We were in a King Size Executive Room which was very nice - the king size bed was HUGE! We didn't have time to experience any of the hotel's facilities, other than a coffee the next morning shortly after checking out, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MarshMellowBird
gm_hinewcastle, General Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Thank you for your great feedback and appreciation of the service and for our new Executive King beds - they are just great!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Newly renovated hotel with easy access from the main throughways, quiet and relaxed but rather far from the city centre.

Bar/lobby area could be a bit more cosy and the choice of beer could include more than one local brew.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 88j8

Thank you for your constructive feedback for the bar. Our location is ideal for major road access (A1 & A19), plus you can leave behind the city centre noise and of course have plenty of free parking. IHG do have a variety of locations to suit all preferences thankfully.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Arrived at the hotel the receptionist didn't know how to book me in offered me a normal room or Executive room (but she didn't know which rooms had air con and which didn't) I opted for executive as should have air con. (asked 3 times) but allocated a standard room with broken air con (sounded like a bag of nails) I explained I would be leaving in the middle of the night so asked for a quiet room only to be put next to a hen party group. I went to complain about the air conditioning and was told by the same lady that the hotel was fully booked so couldn't change rooms (without looking on the computer)

The food was very good (but expensive)which is a plus point (vegi burger which was actually whole mushrooms with peppers covered in cheese.

I asked for an invoice to be emailed to my company as they need a copy but this wasn't done by either the day or night staff.

All in all I recommend the Premier inn if you are in the area as I have stayed there too and it is much better for the same price.

To add insult to Injury there was no wifi in the room only place with wifi is the bar.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your posting which is disappointing.
The receptionist explained and apologised that she was unable to check you in as our systems had been down for 4 hours and she was working from a manual process hence the delay. She knew the hotel was fully booked and therefore the receptionist was unable to move you rooms - it was past the cancellation time so all rooms would therefore be guaranteed.
The Wi-Fi was a power outage contained in 1 wing and was reported to the engineers when the fault was detected - it's not a fault that the hotel team could repair as I am sure you will understand.
Great to read you enjoyed your meal & if your company doesn't have the invoice please ask them to contact the hotel and to check the Spam folder.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have been staying at this hotel for many visits over the last 10 years and after a horrible experience at another hotel the night beforehand we were really looking forward to returning here.
On arrival we were allocated a room above the back door that had dated decor and we could hear guests swearing outside so we asked for a room change.After hearing another guest who had never stayed here before get upgraded to an executive room my husband was most unhappy when told there were no more upgrades available so we then spoke to the Manager Peter who moved us rooms.During our conversation we mentioned our son was getting married at the Football ground in Newcastle in September and that we would all like to stay here and he said we would get a preferred rate.
So the next morning we spoke to Tracey who two days later got back to us with prices more expensive than if I booked myself on the internet, bear in mind my husband is an ihg priority club member so its obvious loyalty means nothing.
Dont get me wrong this is a nice hotel undergoing improvements with lovely staff particularly the barman who always remembers us when we visit.
If booking ask for a refurbished room.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your posting. Our refurbished rooms are Executive Rooms and will be available to book as that room type from mid August. Until then we are offering some free upgrades but we can not accommodate everyone - and our senior loyal guests will always take priority. I believe you hadn't contacted the hotel prior to arriving or booked with the hotel system so we would not be aware of your past 10 years of visits - additionally, we have a different computer system since October 2013.
The rates offered were a reduced flexible rate as opposed to a prepaid rate that is non refundable which can be found on the website. They will always be the lowest rate because of the T&C's attached to the rates.
I am guessing Reji recognised you from the bar as he has a great memory and has been a stalwart for some years now - he will appreciate that.
As Peter said, please speak with reservations when planning a future visit. Thank you

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I spend quite a lot of time in the Newcastle area but this is the first time I have used the Holiday Inn. The grounds, entrance and reception were immaculate and the staff were very welcoming and check in was very straightforward. My executive room looked newly refurbished and the en-suite was excellent. it contained everything one could need for such a trip. WiFi was free throughout the hotel. The bar staff were freindly as were the restuarant team and both Dinner and breakfast were great. Access to Newcastle, the motorway network and Airport are all on the doorstep and I will certainly use this hotel again, great value for money.

Room Tip: I chose an executive room which was spot on and good value for money
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Trevor R

Thank you for your feedback Trevor R and foof such positive comments.
We are very proud of the new Executive rooms and are sure they will be very popular.
The finishing touches are almost in place & we will continue upgrading our rooms this year and next. hopefully see you on a future visit. Thanks again, Norrie Oswald, GM