We have just spent five nights at this hotel. It is definately not up to the usual Holiday Inn standards. Their was an air of shabbiness/dirtiness about the whole place. The chairs in the dining room were grubby, the carpet in the reception/bar area was sealed with tape, the breakfast bowls not washed properly, the wine at the bar was served in a glass with lipstick marks on and the ladies showers at the pool not only smelt unpleasant but the floor was greasy.
When pointing out the lipstick glass the drink was replaced with a larger portion but their was no apology forthcoming. Newspapers ordered did not appear on two out of the five mornings with no explanation as to why not. The games available for the children (and others) to play were incomplete. We had to use coins to replace missing draughts and the other game offered (Frustration) did not even contain four pieces of the same colour.
Worst of all was the queue for breakfast because there was inadequate seating space and help yourself breakfast included self serve coffee from a machine and do it yourself toast from a machine with a queue of people so it was impossible to obtain warm toast at the same time as the help yourself breakfast.
There was one happy polite male "chambermaid" but frankly the rest of the staff made little effort.
We wil look for another hotel for our next visit to Newcastle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded 4 Stars in 2016 we are proud also to say that our leisure club has completed a full refurbishment and is ready for you to enjoy. News update that Wi-Fi is now Free. With 151 4 Star spacious bedrooms each with an en-suite bathroom, Tea & Coffee making facilities, telephones, remote control flatscreen TV and hairdryer. Some rooms have walk-in showers. Should you require an even higher standard of comfort, the hotel has 40 Executive bedrooms offering an excellent range of luxuries to make your stay that bit more special. In April & May 2013 our lounge, restaurant, bar and toilets had a full refurbishment - check out our photos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Newcastle - Gosforth Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Holiday Inn