Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$80
  • Pool
$80
$75
  • Restaurant
Euro Hostel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$29
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$93
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
The New Northumbria Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$89
$75
Agoda.com
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$209
$102
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$104
$100
Hotels.com
Caledonian Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$58
$56
Hotels.com
$72
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Newcastle Central(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$54
Travelodge
  • Room Service
All reviewscity centremini gymcomplimentary watermetro stationbusy roadosborne roadan italian restaurantfree car parkingkit katfree wifimain roadleave the carexecutive roomgood sizereception staffmodern hotelwalk in shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I've stayed here on three occasions and had same experience each time.

This is a recently refurbished hotel, The previous hotel was a bit of a dog of a place but offered cheap rooms. The hotel is literally just off the main dual carriageway through Newcastle and placed between the two boroughs of Jesmond and Sandyford, both pleasant student areas of town.

The hotel has free parking on site and is only a 10 minute easy walk from the city centre and a 5 minute walk from Osborne road, the main road in the student/young professional area of Jesmond.

The staff are the usual Holiday Inn professional, Hotel is very clean and modern with free Wi-Fi. Rooms sizes can vary, I've had some very large rooms and one where the bed almost caught the door, however the room was certainly big enough. The shower is very good it must be noted, The hallways upstairs can be a bit of a maze to find your room but nothing too challenging!

I've had the buffet breakfast once which was plentiful in choice and very edible. I haven't eaten in the restaurant but once had room service and enjoyed the Italian cuisine.

All in all it's what you expect from a modern Holiday Inn, clean and comfortable , I've found room rates vary depending on whats going on in Newcastle, but that's understandable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Your feedback is important to us and appreciate your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

The stay was clean and tidy with comfortable beds and good service

• Stayed: August 2011
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

I appreicate you taking the time to post your positive comments, and look forward welcoming you back to the hotel when your travel brings you to the area.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I booked a room here on a Saturday night because of it's close proximity to a hen party venue. The reviewer who said the area was dead was just walking in the wrong direction! This is a hotel in a quiet spot right in the centre of some great areas in Newcastle; 5 minutes from Osbourne Road, and 10 minutes from the city centre, you are not far from bars, clubs, restaurants and shops.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel, and the rooms have a very high standard of furnishings. I have to stay though I wasn't impressed with the see-through bathroom doors! I was sharing with a friend and I couldn't use the long mirror in our room to get ready whilst she was in the bathroom as I would have been able to see her on the toilet! Even if I was staying with a partner, I think it is a totally unnecessary feature.

The hotel's car park was great, and had plenty of space in it when we were staying so we could use two cars per room.

The main issue I had with the hotel was the over zealous security. After returning from our night out, there was security at the door checking that you were indeed booked into this hotel. Not a problem, in fact it's great to see you won't have any waifs and strays getting in. However, as we had a big group of girls all arriving from different areas of the country, one of the girls hadn't had a chance to register to one of the rooms before the hen do started, so on coming back to the hotel, security had one of the rooms down as having one occupant, not two. As we had paid for a double, we hadn't even thought on checking in that we would need to put two names down to the room (I've never heard of that at a hotel before, and doubt I will again). Needless to say it took a long time to get security to understand that the girl was with our party and we'd paid for a double. He kept saying 'hotel policy' to us, which was not helpful at 2am when you are fearing you may need to find another hotel. However the receptionist sorted it out for us, and we were able to go to our rooms as planned.

All in all, the hotel was great, just perhaps a few teething problems that come with a new hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

I am grateful of your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, feedback is vital as it allows to see areas which can be improved in order to improve the products and services we offer to our guests.

The see-through bathroom door have been investigated and are in the process of being replaced.

With regards to the security on the evening of your return to the hotel , all guest members must be registered upon checkin. If a member of the party is not registered as a security measure, it is hotel policy to question this. My apologies if this caused any inconvenience but the security must following all procedures to ensure the safety of our guests.

Once again I appreciate your feedback and you revisit us soon in the near future.#

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed at the Holiday inn Jesmond for 2 nights. We stayed in an executive king room. The room was very spacious and very clean. The bathroom was well appointed with both a shower and a bath. There was a large wardrobe area and a massive bed. The TV has lots of functions and a keyboard for browsing the internet (Free). The wifi is very slow and did not have much signal in the room we were in. Mini bar is reasonably priced. The staff are friendly and helpful but it took 3 calls to reception to ask a member of staff to help us with the media system. The hotel gets very busy at weekends and can be quite noisy although could not hear anything from the room. The bar is very expensive £4.50 for a pint of Peroni. I would defiantly stay here again. The free car parking is also a plus. I would give this hotel 8/10. Any questions please send me a message.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are very big
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tommyjoker
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

I would like to thank you for posting your great comments regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to progress further in improving guests needs and wants.

I will pass over your comments made to our IT Department regarding the wifi connection and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Generally good with some annoying niggles. Good central location for the Civic Centre and some lovely parks close by.
No marked walking and stairs route to the room (237), you had to take the lift or aim for room 140 and then wiggle your way up. Very noisy fan in the bathroom that takes too long to switch off when trying to sleep. The need to keep logging in to wifi, why cannot it recognise me automatically for the period of my stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to post your comments, feedback is vital in improving the products and services we offer to guests.

We regards to Room 237, we have signage in the lifts to get to the bedroom but we have also taking your comments into consideration and added additional signage to help further.

I have past over the comments made ragrding the noisy fan to the Maintenance Manager for this to be investigated.

I apologise for the inconvenience with having to sign into the wifi on each visit, this due to security measures we have in place to ensure all non-residents and public are not using our wifi connection.

Once again we appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.