“STAG WEEKEND”

Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond
Castleford, England, United Kingdom
“STAG WEEKEND”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Stayed in the Holiday Inn in Jesmond in April for my stag weekend. The hotel is very handily placed for all Newcastle's attractions. For the fit and healthy a walk in to Newcastle or Jesmond can be done in 20-30 mins. As my 72 year old father was with the party, there are excellent taxi services available. The hotel itself looks very nice with an appealing reception and bar area. Check in was easy. The only downside was I booked 2 twin rooms but on arrival the receptionist said that the website we used doesn't confirm this but only requests it...heh??? Anyway didn't want to spoil my stag with an argument so left it. The room was very nice and modern, large comfy bed and well stocked with freebies. We had orange juice, water and even Kit Kats. Very good plasma TV and room also had tea/coffee facilities, iron and ironing board!! Bathroom had a very good shower. Only problem was floor did get very wet! Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting somewhere away from the hustle of the city centre but not too far.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Amy C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your positive experience you encountered wiith us at the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond. It is always a pleasure to read an acknowledgement of such a positive nature. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond a leader in excellence.

I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Amy Callanan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed at the hotel a few weeks ago and have to say we had a brilliant stay! Our first impressions of the hotel was positive as the reception area was very clean and modern and the receptionist were very polite and helpful. We stayed at the hotel with our young daughter and was given a fun pack for her when we checked in, I thought this was a lovely gesture as anyone with children will know how hard it is to keep them entertained!

Our bedroom was very spacious and clean, the decor was modern and pleasant. We took advantage of the complimentary items in the fridge and we loved the idea of choosing what sort of pillow you wanted to sleep with ie firm, soft - great touch.

The hotel also has free wifi, this is great as I've seen myself pay almost £10 before for 24 hours use of Internet in other hotels.

We ate in the restaurant and the food was beautiful, definitely worth the money. The decor in the restaurant was in keep with the Italian theme and very cosy.

When we got back from our meal a member of staff had been in to our bedroom to do the 'turn down' service the hotel offers. This means we had our curtains were drawn, heating put on, bed pulled back and even chocolates on our pillows for us returning. I have to say this is a excellent service for being complimentary!

We ate in the restaurant for our breakfast also, this was a buffet style which consisted off hot food as well as pastries ect. The food on the breakfast was very nice and the service was excellent.

We visit Newcastle often and this hotel has so far been the best we have stayed in, the overall service from every member of staff we interacted with was brilliant - they really made us feel welcome. The hotel itself is lovely and would 100% return to stay again and would definately recommend to our friends and family.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lichfield
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed in the Holiday Inn in Jesmond on a Sunday night. On checking I stated that I did not require breakfast, the receptionist was not listening I had to repeat this three times. In the room the extractor in the bathroom did not work, so the bathroom steamed up. The complimentary body lotion and shampoo had been used by other residents, and one of the cups was dirty and had a crack around the rim. On checking out the reception staff tried to charge my credit card for two breakfasts. I was a solo traveller and did not take a breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Vanessa B
I would like to thank you for supplying us with feedback regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to my attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have encountered. The issues raised are now being investigated.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodates and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we received from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. As a gesture of good will I have posted out some priority club points for you.

We hope you will continue to choose the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond for your future travel needs in the area.

Welwyn
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed in the hotel for a couple of nights while on business.
It was spotlessly clean, modern, had free on site parking, great buffet style breakfast and the rooms were large, with good facilities.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Many thanks for your positive review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the near future.

south staffs
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I have recently been visiting the hotel on business and have found the hotel to be of excellent standard
The staff are extremely helpful giving me a warm welcome each time I stay nothing is too much trouble.
Well worth the rates they offer a must STAY!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Amy C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a lovely review on the Holiday Inn - Newcastle Jesmond, I am very grateful for the feedback.

We hope to see you again in the near future,

Boldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel to attend a friends wedding nearby. The hotel has had a major refurbishment recently and is well decorated and clean.

The staff were friendly, and it was in a great location with a short walk into the City Center

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with and hope you revisit us in the near future.

Derbyshire
Reviewed April 2, 2012

It is some years since I have stayed at a Holiday Inn - the last was in London and the experience put me off staying at one again. It is also about 10 years since I stayed at this hotel in Jesmond and when it was a tired 'Swallow' hotel.

But the world changes every now and again - and so do hotels. The Holiday Inn in Jesmond has had a major refit and looks good - the staff are well trained and polite and the Holiday Inn group has redeemed itself for me. Its just a pity they didn't sort out the hotel layout as it is easy to get lost finding your way from the bedroom to the ground floor!

The bedroom was well fitted out - the choice of a soft or firm pillow was a nice touch - it's a pity they couldn't do the same with mattresses.

Oh and a word for the designer - try staying in a room you have designed, it might help you to get it right (the vanity mirror is at chest high 4 feet wide and 6 inches high - if you use the chair provided you cannot see you face or hair. The solution is to get rid of the chair and sit on the upturned waste paper bin with a pillow on the top!) Designers!!!!!!

The hotel is In a convenient location and with a car park. I will stay here again.

Just a blip on our stay - the King size executive room was suffering from a serious external noise problem (a noisy fan I believe) and we were moved to a much smaller room at the same price, which seemed strange.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet - but bring a pice of chalk with you to mark the walls and so not get lost. Note...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Amy C, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
I have responded to your review in a message privately.