2,135 results
All reviewssmall bottle of winecomplimentary watersuperior roomkit katleisure centretaxi rankleisure clubtravelling by trainmini fridgestreet noiselovely hotelcentral locationsteam roomwould stay againfull englishbuffet stylevisit newcastle
Reviewed May 7, 2014

This hotel is easily visible when leaving the train station and is very convenient for taxis in the morning (station taxi rank just outside). The entrance is quite grand, but the room I had was quite dated. They offer you a free mini bar (containing 2 x kit kat, 2 x orange juice carton and 2 x water), which is nice. The wifi signal wasn't great, the carpet was worn, but the room was a good size and had nice products in the bathroom. I was at the front of the hotel and it wasn't too noisy.
Breakfast was a mess, used plates and cups all over the bar, which was not appealing. What was on offer looked disappointing, but actually it was fine. I did have to ask for some tea.
I ate in both nights I stayed, good service, good food, not over-priced.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My favourite hotel! Always given a friendly welcome (even when arriving very early) and the rooms are always up to standard, very clean and comfortable, excellent buffet breakfast and superb central location - if you want total quietness go stop in the country or don't whine about a little bit of city life! This hotel has all life going past it, but I am happy with that - fun to watch! Looking forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: depends if you like people (front) or trains (rear)...one of the rooms has both but I'm not telling you the number!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed one night in this hotel and it fits all our needs. The room and the bathroom were huge, the bathroom completly new and the bed was very comfortable! The entrance is overwhelming, with the big chandeliers and it is close to the metro/railway station, a lot of pubs and the shopping streets.
You never heard any neighbour rooms, but there was some street noise, but that didn't bother us!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
pudley234, Manager at Royal Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Hi there,

many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to hear how comfortable and enjoyable it was for you.

Our central location is a huge attraction for many of our guests, and the high level of comfort in the hotel only encourages people to come back.

We do look forward to seeing you again in the future

Kindest Regards

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed here for what we thought would be a treat instead of a premier inn but we were very disappointed. The carpets and curtains were stained, we could feel the bed springs and we didn't get any sleep due to single glazing and a lot of yelling, fights and sirens outside (on a week night too). The room was also far too warm with no temperature controls (even for April). Would recommend the location for the city centre but that's about it!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
pudley234, Manager at Royal Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I am disappointed to see that your trip did not live up to your expectations.

As you can see from previous reviews guests often comment on how high the standard of cleaning is.

Being a grade 1 and 2 listed building we are somewhat limited as to what renovations can be made including double glazing, the staff on reception would have been more than happy to move you to a quieter room at the back of the hotel so that you were more comfortable.

I do hope you will consider returning to visit us in the future so we are able to rectify any problems you experienced

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel from September 2013 to January 2014 most weeks in relation to my work. The hotel is ideal to explore Newcastle and beyond being next to the rail station. I always received a warm welcome. My first few visits I was given a room at the rear of the hotel and found myself woken early hours of the morning by the trains. This was resolved by requesting a room at the front of the hotel. The rooms vary in size but all well decorated with fluffy towels and complimentary tea, coffee etc. An extra nice touch is complimentary bottles of water and kit kats.
I only had the hotel breakfast twice preferring a much lighter breakfast which I could buy cheaper in local cafés. When I did eat breakfast in the hotel it was an ok hot buffet with good service.

My advice is eat out for your evening meal there is so much choice in Central Newcastle including china town.
A good hotel to stay both for work and visiting Newcastle.

Room Tip: Worth paying a little extra for a Happen Easter Every One room at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Hi Paul,

It's always a pleasure to hear from a regular, long term guest of the hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

I am pleased to see that the staff were accommodating when you requested a room change, we do our best to ensure that everybody has a comfortable, enjoyable stay especially if they are staying for a while.

We do hope when you next decide to visit you choose to stay with us again

Kindest Regards