Royal Station Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Pool
$75
  • Restaurant
Euro Hostel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$29
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$93
  • Breakfast included
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$209
$102
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The New Northumbria Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$89
Priceline
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$104
$100
Travelocity
Caledonian Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$58
$56
Hotels.com
$72
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Newcastle Central(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$54
Travelodge
  • Room Service
2,019 results
All reviewssmall bottle of winecomplimentary watersuperior roomkit kattravelling by trainleisure centremini fridgetaxi rankleisure clubstreet noiselovely hotelnewcastle central stationsteam roomwould stay againbuffet stylefull englishlovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I have to visit Newcastle on a regular basis and have stayed at The Royal Station Hotel everytime (several times a year)

To be fair I have always been looked after until now.

Tried to check in at usual time but was told to come back later.

When I did check in and make way to my room I was disappointed to say the least.

Worst room I have ever had in all the years of staying - equal to a b&b in Blackpool!

Not sure if the management ever read these reviews but if the rest of your rooms are slipping to this standard then you won't be seeing me, my staff or clients ever again!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank DHooton
pudley234, Manager at Royal Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hi

Many thanks for your comments and feedback regarding your recent stay.

We do pride ourselves on the bedroom types we offer as well as their cleanliness therefore we are disappointed your recent stay did not live up to your expectations.

Perhaps we could suggest you ask for a specific room type on your next visit?

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Station Hotel.

Regards

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and i chose the royal station hotel to hold out wedding reception back in feb 2013. From the moment we first visited we knew it was perfect. Tracy Sewell was wonderful from the off, such a nice lady, Everything we asked was catered for with no hesitation!! We had alot of family stay over night and everyone commented how nice their rooms where, and the suite we had was stunning. All in all the staff made our wedding day perfect, and we thank you dearly.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Hi there

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your wedding.

We are certainly dedicated to ensuring every event held exceeds guest expectations.

Thank you once again for providing your feedback!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Music loud, I was on 3rd floor and all I could hear was bang bang bang, its midnight and still cant sleep with all the noise. I will never stay here again, I only stayed in the 1st place because hotel was booked for work reasons, I might as well have slept outside! Avoid if you want to get at least a few hours sleep otherwise its just your cup of tea, its like you are trying to sleep in a night club!

Room Tip: Complain ask to be moved if your a heavy sleeper then don't worry about it
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
pudley234, Manager at Royal Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you struggled to sleep, being a city centre hotel noise is sometimes unavoidable, I only wish we had been notified at the time so we could have moved you to a more suitable room at the back of the hotel.

I do hope you return in the future so we can rectify the problems you experiences

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 13, 2014

frm the minute we walk in to the reception we were made to feel welcome.
the room was lovely nice big bed and very clean.
the whole hotel was like that.all the staff smile.
great location right in heart of newcastle
breakfast was very good value and plenty of choice
and very good quality.
and last I must say the people of the north east made us feel welcome .
and the labour club in newcastle was very friendly what a great weekend

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank grabdriver

Hi

Many thanks for commenting on your recent stay here at the Royal Station Hotel.

Our staff do pride themselves on offering and providing a warm and friendly service to its many guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back, not only to the North East but to the Royal Station Hotel.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Booked via a travel web site great reception very gay friendly nothing seem to be to much trouble great staff well done . Got an Interesting double room @ the top of the hotel small office space big bath great views over the tyne towards gateshead and the Tyne bridge. Kinda romantic to watch the trains in the station on their way to distant locations might not suit some because of the noise but it is a station hotel the clue in the name.Perfect location for the shops bars and St James Park and of course MCFC won so grand weekend overall.

Room Tip: Top of the hotel overlooking the Tyne and towards Gateshead brilliant views quirky room and stunning sunrises
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi

Many thanks for your feedback.

Being a city centre location we are central to almost all of the attractions within the city centre.

We look forward to welcoming you back!