Copthorne Hotel Newcastle
  • Pool
$81
$66
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$59
$51
$87
$73
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$95
$79
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$59
$56
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$95
$91
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$57
$55
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$100
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$93
$77
Staybridge.com
  • Breakfast included
2,109 results
All reviewsoverlooking the riverbay windowclub roomafternoon teabit datedcar parkcity centrewould stay againbars and restaurantslovely roomstayed here for one nightcouldn't faultfull englishsaturday nighttynequaysidenewcastle
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent the weekend at the hotel with friends and family for my daughter's wedding held at the hotel. The attention to detail and organisation were excellent and everything went really well. It was an early wedding and a late finish but we were looked after all day and staff worked so hard to make it special and stress free for us. They made sure late guests (stuck at Heathrow due to snow) had fresh food and helped in so many ways. I cannot fault the events team. One of the reception staff was an absolute treasure and did all sorts to help us. The food for our meal and buffet later was plentiful and delicious.
Although I know refurbishment of rooms is on going and some rooms are a bit tired we were lucky and had rooms on the 4th & 5th floor which have been done - lovely and fabulous view of the river and bridges. New mattresses were very comfortable. Breakfast was great too.

Room Tip: Suites are lovely! You need a river view and at the moment a room on the 4th or 5th floor to be sure of a new mattress and fresh décor. Won't be long before it is top notch throughout though.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that your daughter's wedding which we had the pleasure of hosting here was so successful. Your positive comments with regard to the standard of guest service, attention to detail, quality of food and hotel location are greatly appreciated. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

WE booked this while we was in scotland and drove there the next day ,hotel was really nice we arrived at 11.30 and our room was ready even though check in was later. Car park at the side of hotel and access via stairs or lift to hotel. The room was nice and clean even though they are refurbishing the hotel at the moment as some of the rooms are looking a bit tired . Nice view out of picture windows across the river .Beds were comfy and no noise .The breakfast was very good with a lot to choose from ,but as with buffet style service it was cold and i am a person that likes food hot .A really nice hotel with friendly staff .would stay again .

Room Tip: they all overlook the river
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the standard of guest service, hotel cleanliness and location. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Myself and my Girlfriend visited the Copthorne over the Easter Period based on a family recommendation, after reviewing the reviews I was a little concerned but I was pleasantly surprised. The Hotel is a little bit dated but it is extremely clean and the staff are great. We stayed in a club room on the top floor and it was comfortable and clean. We did not notice any real noise that I had read about on here and the location was great for Bars, Rerstaurants and Shopping. I would recommend a stay here to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your positive review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the standard of guest service, hotel cleanliness and peaceful location. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Following a business visit last year I returned last weekend on holiday and again found the facilities to be first class and the staff once again friendly and efficient. The hotel is ideally situated on the banks of the River Tyne close to the main railway station and the city centre shops. As before I had a wonderful view of the river from my room which was spacious and comfortable. The meals at the hotel were of a high standard and reasonably priced. Thanks again for the warm welcome and I would have no hesitation in booking here again in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms face the river and thus have an excellent view of the bridges.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent return stay with us, with particular regard to the standard of guest service, quality of hotel facilities and food, and the hotel's ideal location on the Quayside. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Had a room on the 3rd floor and could see the bridges lit up at night. The hotel was cold and the décor a little tired, especially the bathroom which needs upgrading. Very noisy air conditioning was quite obtrusive at night. There were some minor hiccups such as a fridge that didn't work (on mentioning this to the receptionist we were told that only the fridges in the executive suites worked - so why was it there, and plugged in?) and towels not replaced - had to ask for more but only one arrived. Breakfast was ok and the lady clearing and serving coffee was very efficient. We hadn't realised there was a £5 per night charge for parking - add this to your costs. Plus points are the fantastic location and the views, and the room size was good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. Your constructive points have been duly noted for review with my team. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again the next time you visit the area.