I stayed here for four hights and wished I could stay longer. I chose the hotel because parking was free and in Newcastle parking is expensive. The hotel looks a little forbidding from the outside. Inside it is extrememly elegant and most comfortable to relax in. The reception area and the lounge are quite exceptional. Breakfast at a pre booked price of £10 daily was good value and could not be faulted. Dinner at £24.00 for two courses was good in quality but my small appetite meant that more than half of it had to be returned. The location is good , though I think new visitors should be alerted about the entrance on level one. This is the best one to get to the Quay area and the very handy electric buses. The exit from level six to the quayside is through the castle grounds. Historically this is fascinated, but not advisable for less mobile guests as the steps are numerous and steep. As a lone and not so young lady I felt rather intimidated..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne