If I could do a 2.5 rating I would. Premier inn gets a 3 and I'm sorry to say this old lady is now lacking. The Vermont back in the day was THE PLACE to stay in THE TOON. Location is still 10 out of 10. The rooms are old and weary. They need a make over. I can go stay with my mum and she's "geet auld" if I want an old fashioned dated gold bed room. The decor is old and .... well it's old, very dated and even MY MUM doesn't have that anymore - she's over 80 now.
I want something nice for the rates and iT DOESN'T HAPPEN. I get faux posh pretentious stuff from 30 years ago.
Location is brilliant the beds are almost faultless for a good kip but the decor is so ....... well I was expecting to wake up with a geezer painting the room. Hell I'd have grabbed a roller or brush and helped him.
It;s a lovely hotel in the best location but all the rooms need an update.
I feel this hotel is resting too much on it's laurels. It must do better - starting with a paint palet.
Staff are great and very helpful but when you are in your time locked room ....well... it's a bit...
We had a great stay here but the decor .... well as my daughter says ... "REALLY?"
"20 or 30 years ago I would have been made up but The Vermont seems to be locked back 20 years in a bad way.
Get the paint out and update the rooms please.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne