We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of October 2012 and found it to be very good in overall location and sleep quality etc.
We were checked in very quickly and made our way to our room. The room was big enough for the two of us and plenty of space to leave any luggage although we only had two small cases.
There was a very comfy double bed, wardrobe, desk, table, a couple of chairs and a tv.
The bathroom was clean and the shower was quite powerful which was good.
There were tea and coffee making facilities and although they provided the small milk cartons you could request some fresh milk.
The bed sheets and towels were changed once in our stay which was fine for us.
We found the location of the hotel to be very good. It was only a 5-10 min walk from the train station and we found it to be a pleasant 10-15 min stroll in to the center of the city.
Overall we had a pleasant stay and would stay here again if we're ever back in Newcastle :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne