Stayed with my wife at Vermont for one night on Saturday night. It is a beautiful building and is in a fantastic location with easy access on foot to the city centre and the Quayside and there is free parking.
The bedroom was fine but a little dated. There were some cracked tiles in bathroom and the wall support for assistance to get out of the bath was very loose. Didn't concern me but might worry someone who needed it. The TV was quite old and there was no Sky TV or Freesat which I would expect in a 4 star hotel. The room was clean with all the basic amenities but didn't have the "wow" factor that might be expected. The bar and lounge areas were lovely and very comfortable and relaxing. There is also free wi-if throughout the hotel.
Breakfast was a buffet which is fine but the choice was quite limited on hot and cold and there was no offer of any extras I.e. scrambled/poached eggs, kippers, porridge etc.
There was also no offer of porter service to help with luggage.
The staff here are very good and all the staff I encountered in the bar, restaurant and reception were very pleasant and helpful.
All in all, there is nothing to complain about at the Vermont but it just falls short of being a 4 start due to the lack of those little extras and the modest standard of the bedrooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne