We arrived fairly early in the morning, as my partner had a business meeting in town and our room was not ready yet. I therefore decided to explore the town a bit and returned back to the hotel at 12 o’clock, which was still 2 hours before the designated check-in time. As I had been up since six in the morning, I was rather keen to have a shower, change of clothes and relax for a bit. I was informed that it would take a little longer for the room to be ready, but the extremely kind young lady at reception consulted the computer and with the help of Denise, the lady from house-keeping they found me a room on the top floor, which was not only ready, but was also an upgrade to a junior suite. We stayed in room 1108 and I could not have been more pleased, as we had a superb view over the river and the bridges, which were beautifully lit up at night. The Vermont is a lovely hotel with its own distinct style and comfort. We can only recommend this hotel and the extremely helpful and courteous staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne