Novotel Newcastle Airport
$65
$87
$72
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$61
$51
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$57
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$74
$61
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$95
$79
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$99
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$92
$76
  • Breakfast included
The Vermont Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$79
$76
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
$94
$91
Agoda.com
1,410 results
All reviewstoby carverykingston parkseparate toiletpancake machineparking chargeswimming poolnewcastle airportpark and flyexecutive roomper nightcity centremetro stationthe sofa bedroad noisefamily roompleasant staybreakfast was excellent
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Ventured to this airport hotel overnight as my flight from Newcastle to LHR was leaving a 07.45am, as I was then travelling on to Sydney I wanted a bright and early start...I had to wairt over half an hour to check in as there was only one receptionist on duty. I wanted to get a meal in the restaurant and was told it might be difficult to accommodate only one person...eventuially I did get a table and oredered a quick meal - an omelette and a glass of wine (which was my favourite but clearly corked) after 45 minutes no meal had arrived, and I realised that a few other patrons had started to walk out of the restaurant, waitors were wandering around aimlessly looking for guessts to give orders to. Eventually a harrassed waiter was heading back to the kitchen with an unclaimed prawn cocktail and i suggested that I would have it rather than wait any longer for the dish I had ordered. This worked out - yeh. The next morning I attempted to have a shower but the dual tap fixture (hot and cold) would not move past blue so no hot water, I had a quick bath and washed hair under the bath tap...then you guessed it the in room hairdryer did not work. On check out I found that I had been charged for the omellete and the parawn cocktail and for a movie which I never watched. The only good thing was the complimentary shuttle to the airport. Cost of room was 95GBP Which was appalling under the circumstances.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2009

We have stayed at numerous Novotel Hotels and are normally really impressed, but this one somehow wasn't quite as good. The hotel is relatively easy to find, the car park is big and the rooms are of the usual high standard. The pool and fitness facilities are adequate, but the prices of food and drink are high. The staff were friendly and the airport transfer was very efficient. So overall our stay was fine - but the hotel just seemed very empty and quiet!! However, there is a very lively pub/restaurant just across the car park so that more that made up for it. Would use this hotel again though, if we were flying out of Newcastle Airport and needed a bed for a night and a place to park the car for a week.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2009

I'm very sad - have Accor Central Reservation number and that is how I booked this room. God, where to start.....ok, easy to get to, plenty of room in the car park.
Reception was good.......room......haha, they've obviously tried to update. The main room and shower was great - but the toilet was a separate entity, stuck towards the door, an afterthought and it did smell like the drains had gone off, permeating the room. TV and internet were good - the £9 package for broadband and movies an especially fine deal. Went to bar for some ice and they were very good.
Requested breakfast in room arrived - and it was terrible - luckily it was included in my rate. Hate to think of some poor devil paying the £15ish pounds per person......all cold, hard, unpleasant. But, the bad news......they undergoing repairs, which is something they entirely fail to mention when booking - loud drilling noises, until 5, then starting sharply at 9 the next morning. Hope you haven't a 'lie-in' planned.........

UPDATE - back in January and things pretty much the same. No restaurant Sunday evening, driller-killer started at 9 and had the pleasure of a fire-drill at 9.30.......because some guest was so inconsiderate to 'run his shower until it was too steamy'......Jeez, but there but the fault of mine.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Pebble-dash-quality
Reviewed January 7, 2009

First of all, I booked this hotel based on the "complimentary shuttle service" advertised on the website as I have no car. HOWEVER, I arrived at lunch time only to be told that the shuttle service WAS NOT available at that time and to get from the airport to the hotel I'd have to either pay for a taxi or take the metro and walk 10 mins. As I had heavy luggage I opted for the taxi (at a cost of 10 quid!!!) which was the better option since the metro is more than 10 mins away and ALL UPHILL!!! The shuttle service only operates from the hours of 5am-9am so if you are flying outside this time you are basically stuffed. The receptionist was very rude and even though I had specifically pre-booked a TWIN room with BATH, this wasn't the one ready for us when we got there so we had to wait longer for this one to be made ready even though I'd already confirmed an early check-in with the hotel manager.

The hotel itself was lovely and clean with big rooms, but this experience with the staff and shuttle service have put me off ever staying there again. I am a frequent traveller and usually fly to manchester airport and stay at Bewleys or Crowne Plaza hotels, who cannot do enough to make their guests happy. This time I chose Newcastle as it's a bit closer to my home BUT after this experience, I'll be taking the extra time to use Manchester airport and their excellent airport hotels rather than have this experience ever again!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed December 23, 2008

Novotel Newcastle Airport
Its not near the air port, you cant even hear the planes, but you can see them in the distance if you’re lucky. Very close to the motorway though, with impressive road noise if you open some of the corridor windows just to see how busy the city is. The rooms were all facing the other way so very quiet.
As a family of country folk, we felt very out of place in the reception with our charity shop clothes and steel capped boots. All staff were foreign but spoke good English. The reception was all glass and chrome like a modern art gallery. We were the only people there with children and we made a point of getting them to run everywhere in their socks laughing, which they did with ease. The rooms were clean and spacious with the in room entertainment more suited to someone who needs 100 channels and 24 hour broadband access from a TV as thin as a piece of card. Its all a bit unnecessary in reality, though we did manage to arrange to see a kids movie on the TV. The room was hot and even with the heating thing turned off we still roasted during the night. The kids slept well on the fold out settee. The hotel was spotlessly clean, the army of eastern European cleaners doing a wonderful job. The big draw for us is the use of TESCO CLUB CARD deal tokens, we got 3 nights stay for free, and for the remaining nights my wife haggled them down to £70 per night for the family room including breakfast!And to top that, there is a free swimming pool in the basement. The kids just loved that and spent hours each day there. The hotel is a 20 mins walk from the Metro station so we got cheap transport to the city each day, and in the same local estate is a huge Asda - Tesco type supermarket, some big chain fast food restaurants and a Toby Carvery. Food in the Novotel is outrageously expensive. We bought our own from Tesco and made it in the room. Even the bar prices were out of our budget. A 12 pack of cider from Asda did the trick.
Probably best suited to business people who don’t pay their own bills, or the over fussy who like fancy menus with big prices and small portions. It can be a good family hotel if you let it. Don’t eat in it, use the pool as much as you can and cash in all your tokens to save the staggering £100 per night cost. We had a hoot, our first stay in Newcastle, and once we stopped trying to be posh and educated to fit in we really enjoyed ourselves. The breakfast was the best ever, enough for several sittings and we took pockets full of goodies with us to keep us going as we wandered around the toon !!
Since staying here, we have stayed at other Novotels, so this one did make a big impression with my family.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family