“Disappointed as started so well”
Review of Jesmond Grill Restaurant - CLOSED

Jesmond Grill Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Jesmond Grill Steak House,Bar and Private Dining, Sandyford/Jesmond Newcastle upon Tyne. open late evenings, happy hour lunch and early bird offers (steak and pizza pasta or risotto deals)Halal and vegetarian diets catered for. Open Monday to Saturday 12pm - 2.30pm lunch and 5pm until late evenings. Student and child friendly
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We had a voucher for 2 ribeye steaks for £14 which is excellent value especially as this is my favorite steak. We also had garlic king prawns each as starters which were £7.95 for 4 prawns as clearly stated on the menu, not the cheapest we've had but they were absolutely delicious, I can honestly say the best I have ever had so a really good start to the evening, wished they had been our main. The atmosphere was lovely, along with the staff and we commented that it would be a really good place for a date, cosy and friendly. Unfortunately the steaks for a grill house were a bit of a let down, my partners, medium rare was cooked as it should, mine, well done, was still pink but looked well done from the outside, not a major problem but both were very tough to the point of removing what I was eating and putting it back on my plate, my partner left some of his which doesn't normally happen. We did tell them when they asked how they were. We then had desserts, lemon posset and sticky toffee pudding, both delicious. We started the evening saying we would be back, ended it wishing we would go back but the main put us off, such a shame as could be such a hidden gem.

1  Thank Val E

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is our second visit using a voucher. The steaks were lovely along with the pepper sauce and the staff are really friendly. We have bought another voucher because it is great value for money. It is a real shame that the Jesmond grill have some bad reviews as we feel they are really trying hard to give v.f.m and to ensure that you enjoy your experience.

Many thanks

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We ate here for the first time last night and really enjoyed it. The food and service was very good, I recommend the seafood pasta! Looking forward to return again soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I bought two vouchers (4 people) and (2 people) from a livingsocial deal. I gave my one voucher t o my son and daughter + their partners. The deal was for meal only, they all decided to have starters, my son complained he about his starter and was told "it's an acquired taste" (as if it was his fault).
I was booked the following day for lunch with my wife but was so put off by their report that we decided not to go. The restaurant won all round what with them paying for starters, drinks and us not showing due to shabby treatment to my family.

1  Thank Wonderer007
Jesmond G, Manager at Jesmond Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Your comment is ambigious and unwarranted!
We accept that you did not enjoy our lobster bisque soup and so as a gesture of good will we did not charge you for it. (it is an aquired taste)
As always, Thank you for your feedback.
Jesmond Grill

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Booked a table based on the reviews. Thoroughly enjoyed our evening, mainly due to the staff. There were a few issues with availability, but they were handled with good humour. Lovely starters: squid, prawn cocktail, tempura prawns and a special. Fillet steak cooked medium rare to perfection and other mains also very good. The website indicated that the restaurant served a cheese board but this was not the case, however, the restaurant manager and owner moved heaven and earth to accommodate us and produced cheese to finish the wine off and nipped out to get biscuits from a local shop! All in all, a most agreeable evening.

Jesmond G, Public Relations Manager at Jesmond Grill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments, we at Jesmond Grill really appreciate them. We thoroughly enjoyed serving you last night and were very happy that you had such a good time, i would also like to add that the four of you were so much fun and made our night. thank you
we look forward to seeing you all again
Kind regards