“nice brunch”

Butterfly Cabinet
Ranked #108 of 1,261 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“nice brunch”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I visited here after hearing about it from friends and reading the reviews.
we visited on a Thursday luchtime around 1pm, it was quite quiet say around 5 tables which was a relief as we had tried to visit before and were surprised at a queue out of the door.

We were given drinks quickly and ordered a small portion of banana pancakes and a burger.
The food did take quite a while to arrive considering how quiet it seemed, however the food made up for this, the portions were great and the food was delicious, so tasty.
The pancakes were the best I have ever had full of flavour and so fluffy, my partners burger was huge with all the extras. He said the burger was amazing good quality meat, nicely seasoned and perfectly cooked, the home made chips were amazing I ended up eating some myself despite being full as they were so good.

Overall the venue is nice, quirky and clean and great value for money, we will be back

• Visited November 2013

Newcastle upon Tyne
“Best meal yet”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have been eating here since I was a student (over 9 years). I recently went here with some friends after a long break and it has gotten even better. It did go down hill for a while before they changed names. It used to be amazing, then was awful and with the name change, itis better than ever. Good portions and also tasty. I will be taking my cousin here when he comes over from America.

• Visited December 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Lovely quirky place with great food”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I visited the Butterfly Cabinet for the first time with my husband on Sunday. Although it was busy we got seated straight away, although I understand that some days the queues are out the door! We managed to get parked easily on the street outside where parking was free at the time of day.

It's a quirky little place, with mis-matched furniture and a very cosy, homely feel.

There was a lot of choice on the menu, especially for vegetarians like me which was brilliant. It's mainly a selection of breakfasts, sandwiches, paninis and burgers.We both ordered a burger each which came with chips. When they came the burgers were so big I actually felt as though I needed a strategy to eat it! It was really delicious too, and came with a mountain of 'proper' home cooked chips, which were equally delicious! It's not like my husband to leave anything on his plate but he was so full he couldn't manage it all.

They're also very reasonably priced, especially given the portion sizes and the fact that the food is really yummy. Hoping to visit again soon to try out something else on the menu.

Give it a try!

• Visited December 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Great hangover cure!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Great little unique place.food is awesome, decor is quirky and staff are friendly.always busy in here which proves my point

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“I don't like the Butterfly Cabinet, I love it.”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I think they must put something in my lattes because I am addicted to going there, it must be the caramel syrup. I don't often eat there because I can make a full English breakfast myself, but when I am feeling lazy or I can't get ahold of any sausages I go and eat at the Butterfly Cabinet because it is absolutely brill. The staff are dead canny especially the main woman but it her sister who makes the best coffee. The atmosphere is great but sometimes there is reggae music on and I don't like reggae music but lots of people do like reggae music so therefore I would highly recommend it.

• Visited November 2013