“Excellent food, casual atmosphere, great service.”

Rani Indian Restaurant
Ranked #246 of 1,271 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rani Indian Restaurant- the restaurant you’ll never forget. Our delicious food, made fresh every day, is just the taste you’ve been waiting for. With a fanciful menu and a stylish, light airy and relaxed atmosphere, Rani’s simply the best Indian cuisine in Newcastle. We promise you superior service and first class food to give you quality dining and make your evening a one to remember.
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, casual atmosphere, great service.”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Chose to visit Rani after reading so many good reviews on here, and I was not disappointed.

I pre-booked a table and was taken straight to it when we arrived. The waiters were very professional and helpful. The food was gorgeous, and a very generous portion size.

I felt that the atmosphere and quality of the place was far superior than the price of the food would suggest.

Under £30 for two mains, sides and drinks which I felt was very reasonable.

I shall be back on my next Newcastle visit!

• Visited August 2012

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“lush late night dining”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

we often go out in newcastle for a night out and always end up in rani (usually tipsy). the welcome is always great and the service is always spot on. the food from the poppadoms and pickles, the bhuna prawn on puri and madras and tikka masalas is spot on. we tried a couple of new dishes at weekend but could not remember what. but were lovely. we would happily take guests with us because we know they would enjoy too. we always leave a terrible mess on the table after too many shandys though. its a very relaxed atmosphere.

• Visited August 2012
Nottingham
“Unbelievable”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I genuinely cannot believe there are any positive reviews for this place. This is the only restaurant I have ever walked out of before eating.

I went there with a group of friends based on strong recommendations from this site. We had a table booked and reserved in advance, but still had to wait for around 25 minutes to be seated. We then waited another 25 minutes for our orders to be taken and then probably 45 or 50 minutes for our starters to arrive. Collectively we decided to settle the bill for the starters and leave; when we did so we were informed that our mains were now ready. Not forgiveable, but at least somewhat understandable if they were really busy, they were not. Saturday night - maybe half full at most?

Through the whole visit not once were we apologised to for delays, or for the fact that our starters were delivered and just placed on top of dirty plates from the poppadoms. At least 2 other tables walked out while we were waiting for our starters. When the starters arrived you could tell they had been reheated. I just cannot comprehend how there are so many positive reviews for this place. We probably would have stayed if there had been an apology, even after so much disappointment, but the staff couldn't even manage that. When settled the bill the manager then tried to charge us for drinks we hadn't had, and for drinks that had already been paid for at the bar. Absolutely abysmal, surely there is no way this business will survive in the economy as it is.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank James B
Durham, United Kingdom
“Best Indian Food in Newcastle”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I've been to the Rani many times over the past couple of years and it's by far the best Indian food in the city (possbily even the best Indian food I've ever had). Friendly service, great looking place inside, food always exactly how we like it.

I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited June 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Just what i like...”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Went here at the end of July. We had been here before but not had the special menu.
We were offered drinks as soon as i we got in, very quick service.
Orderd from the specials menu - very fast and polite service. Good price for what we got and would definately go again - if you want a nice night out and a nice indian - this is the place to eat. Dont listen to all the negative reviews - people must be very fussy

• Visited July 2012