Capheaton Hall
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Newcastle upon Tyne
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Merchants Quay Week2Week(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Bar/Lounge
Friars Gate Luxury Apartments(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Pool
  • Spa
Chasley Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Restaurant
Motel One Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hampton By Hilton Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Breakfast included
County Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have just returned from a 10day stay at The West Wing of Capheaton Hall in Northumberland. We stayed partly for business (so we had 5 days workings quite intensively with a group)and partly for pleasure (myself, partner and his mother stayed on after we'd finished). This is without any doubt the very best place I have ever stayed - and I am including in that "ever" some fantastic hotels and apartments. Capheaton hall beats them all hands down. Firstly is is a very beautiful location - the grounds of the hall which you are free to explore are well tended, fascinating, and beautiful. Secondly the accommodation is spacious, comfortable, warm, private and practical. The beds are stupendously comfortable and I am going to write to Eliza and Will to try and find out where they were bought from.I have never slept anywhere so comfortable. Thirdly your hosts are warm and polite- helpful but not intrusive. Capheaton is a peaceful place where everything seems to have been though of to make you stay relaxing. Most importantly to me however was the aesthetic. There is nothing here which looks or feels out of place. Colours are considered, clever in some places. Tones change from rooms to room and take you with them. The art work all over the house is wonderful - eclectic - suprising. Fabrics and carpets are of the highest quality and so well chosen. Eliza who I believe dressed the place must be very talented indeed. In many ofthe places I stay I am grateful not to be offended by the decor. Here I was charmed- utterly charmed by it.

There are many many more things I could say however I think I am quickly moving towards inclusion in Pseuds Corner here. So just a final few tips.

If you are a coffee freak like me take your own coffee pot - the cafetiere is quite small (this is the only slightly duff point from the whole stay!). Any of the bedrooms are wonderful, but the master bedroom is a dream. Whatever room you stay in make sure you have a long luxurious soak in the splendid claw footed bath in the family bathroom. Take a walk down to the lake - through the woods and past the ruined church. Make sure you do go to the little post office in Belsay - its very very well stocked and the staff are very helpful.

And now I wonder ... should I press the button to submit this review? I really really don't want other people to find Capheaton... On the other hand great places deserve great business. Thankyou Will and Eliza for a wonderful stay - we really will be back. Sara, Ken, Pat, Buster, Rosa and all our colleagues.

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank SevernTrow
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent accommodation, very well equipped and comfortable. Tranquil setting with extensive grounds to wander in, but easily accessible from the A1 and Newcastle. How often do you get to stay in a stately home? Only minor fault is that there is only one shower, though the other bathrooms are very good in every other respect. Overall a marvellous place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aidan P
Reviewed January 8, 2013

warm, comfortable and cosy. everything you need to cook, eat and dine. I couldn't fault the accommodation. I left some walking boots and the owners contacted me immediately and made it easy for them to be retrieved.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephen E
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This place is so spectacular its like hollidaying in a national trust property without the red cord and so reasonably priced well worth it. The grounds, lake and most of all the house with its large rooms log fire and a modern kitchen made it a most memorable new year's holiday. Definitely a place I would return

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 6, 2013

West Wing: well equipped in every way, and the main reception room / lounge is elegant without being intimidating - very relaxing. Great views (from the roll-top bath) over lawns, fields and sheep, with some beautiful pink/red sunrises at this time of the year.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends