“Informative and entertaining presentation of Nappa Valley wines.”

Newcastle Wine School
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wine School has regular wine courses on weekday evenings and at weekends, based at Blackfriars in Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Informative and entertaining presentation of Nappa Valley wines.”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Simon Woods who gave the presentation was very informative and his delivery was excellent , the power point unusually good I have to say . This was a great opportunity to taste some very expensive wines at a very modest cost , and I for one was pleased to note that £100 cost of a bottle of wine did not mean I would prefer it over a much cheaper wine , although its quality was undeniable . I have a cheap pallette ! Perhaps just as well for my bank balance .
In short a graet evening and very informative and I would do it again.

Northumberland
“Friendly and informative”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I have attended a number of Wine School evenings all of which have been fun and good valley. The recent Napa Valley Masterclass was no exception and stands out for the outstanding quality of the wines on offer.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Very informative, learnt how to appreciate many different wines”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Really enjoyed being able to taste wines which I would not normally have tried.
I was interested in the link between wines and the food they go best with. I feel I would like to know more and I believe there is a separate course on this.
I would have liked to have learnt a little more of the technicalities of wine making, but time is very limited on a course such as this.
I would have liked to have seen more wines from supermarkets chosen, in addition to those from specialist, and therefore usually more expensive, wine merchants.
I thoroughly enjoyed the course and it has whetted my appetite to learn more about wine.

Durham
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Good fun and a very pleasant evening”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We were bought this by my Daughter and Fiance for our 25th Wedding Aniversary present, and what a super present it turned out to be. We enjoy sparkiling wine, and we were presented with a good cross section, at various price points. There was some very informative teaching on how sparkling wine is made, and the difference between the various types. There was an ample sample of the various wines, and an appreciation of the taste, and how the flavour is arrived at.

All in all, well worth the money, informative, and a very pleasant evening - may even do another one on red and white wines in the new year.

1 Thank Mart924
Sunderland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great course, learned a lot and had fun doing it!”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The 10 week wine course was great - and it was the second time I'd done it! Chris's knowledge mixed with practical suggestions throughout the course made it both enjoyable and interesting. The choices of wine made it all the more worthwhile as, generally speaking, they would not have been wines I would have necessarily chosen. These courses are great for novices and more experienced people alike and the atmosphere is friendly and in no way stuffy.

Visited September 2011