“feedback”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2012

we recently had a meal in this restaurant, it was awful, it did not taste like indian at all. Too
expensive too.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Four of us ate at Sangreela on a Sunday night. Unfortunately we had the place to ourselves so it lacked some atmosphere, but the food was excellent. We ate off the Sunday family menu (£14.95 for 2 courses) and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were friendly and attentive (understandable I suppose as we were the only customers) and all in all we were very impressed. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

While working in the area, myself and a work mate used this restaurant. We were both really pleased with the quality of the food, choice and price. The serving staff were excellent too. Great place to eat if you are in the area, plenty of parking to the side of the building also.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have enjoyed several excellent meals within this restaurant. It is capable of producing fine food. However it is expensive, especially on the Al A Carte Menu. That’s probably the main reason it’s never full or difficult to get a table. Factoring cost, we sometimes go with the set-menu to keep in-check. We have had no problems or complaints (apart from cost), until recently.

On our last visit, on the set-menu, the quality of the food was still broadly there. However, the portion sizes were vastly reduced and there was little in the way of meat/fish within our main courses. Mutterings of “rice and curry sauce” were made amongst my guests. I couldn’t agree more and was rather embarrassed after gushing about the quality of food normally served. We raised this complaint with our waiter, but nothing came of it and we left unsatisfied.

I wrote to the Sangreela to make them aware of my dissatisfaction. They eventually apologised and offered a free meal in return. Great I thought, it’s a one-off blip, and now they will put things right. However, after booking and turning up they reneged on that offer. Another awful and embarrassing experience.

The menu states that 21% of the profits go to their nominated charity (?). The prices are loaded to allow for this. They would be better off scrapping this, lowering their prices and concentrating on the customer service experience. Get this right, more people will visit and the profits will be the same or better. Some free mystery shop feedback here for Naz and the team @ Sangreela, but I won’t be returning to see if it’s implemented. Twice bitten, never again.

Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

I go to Sangreela regularly due to its authentic and bright interior. The staff are warm and friendly and are at your service with the motivation to keep you happy. The atmosphere there is quite exquisite and the food has a certain quality and taste which is rare. The best in Newcastle.