“Good food and a great price”
Review of Slug & Lettuce

Slug & Lettuce
Ranked #333 of 1,302 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Visited the Slug and Lettuce on 12 Nov. On arrival we were told the gas had just went off in the kitchen. After 10 minutes the gas came back on and we were informed straight away by the friendly and efficient staff. Good service by all staff. Unexpectedly there was 50% off all food which made the food taste even better. Very tasty and plenty of it as well. Monday has a 50% deal on food. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Visited The Slug and Lettuce Newcastle on a Sunday just before returning to Leeds after a cracking Saturday night out in the city. We came in for some fast food and a quick pint before our trip home and I must say I was pleasantly surprised.
The Slug and Lettuce in Leeds isn’t bad, but not somewhere I’d visit that often, however the food and service here was above average for a chain.
All staff were polite, friendly and attentive and food was good. Ok, so we only ordered burgers but they came promptly and tasted great. I went for the swiss burger and I can’t remember what my mates chose but everyone was more than happy. Would definitely come again and recommend to others, Leeds branch take note!

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Great service, great food,very well placed if you want something to eat before going to the sage!!. overall good value for money.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This restaurant is ideally located on Newcastle Quayside and has a wonderful 50% off on a Monday. They do a very nice sharing platter of garlic bread, onion rings, southern fried chicken strips, breaded mushrooms and BBQ ribs, which comes with a selection of sauces. This was perfect for 4 and at only £5.75 (with the 50% off) it went down a treat!

For mains I had the smoked haddock fishcake salad, which was superb! The haddock is well seasoned and coated in breadcrumbs and oats giving it a crunchy crisp coating. The salad is very fresh, colourful and served with a creamy chive dressing. Though it does come with spring onions, but the staff will omit any ingredients you dislike. My OH had the steak and ale pie with chips and peas (I can only guess it was delicious as he didn't save me a bite!) my mum had the philly steak sandwich and was surprise to find that it wasn't a cream cheese, though it isn't mentioned on the menu that it is, it was just her expectation based on the name. The steak was beautifully cooked (rare) and served on a baguette with a delicious red onion reduction that lifted the whole dish. My Mum's OH had the balti burger, a beefburger topped with curry sauce and an onion barji and managed to make a right mess!

For puds we had the lemon crumble tart, the pecan pie, the melt in the middle chocolate pud and the icecream cookie cup. We each had a taste of each and the tangy lemon tart topped with delicious sweet crumble was the winner!

This is one of the few bars in the area that serves Rekorderlig pear cider which will always get high marks from me, and when the price for 4 three course meals, 2 bottles of cider, 2 peroni's and a large glass of wine come to £43.50 no one can complain!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

At first glance the decor seems inviting, but the few times I have been in here have been vastly disappointing. Little atmosphere.... pushing cheap drink deals, aimed at the "pack 'em in" market. Which is a shame because there are nice views of the Quayside and river