“Very poor starter, staff not interested”
Review of Adriano's

Adriano's
Ranked #451 of 1,267 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
newcastle upon tyne
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very poor starter, staff not interested”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Took my partner there last night for his birthday. Having been several times before and ordered the antipasto for starters was very disappointed when we were given four cured meats, two slices of cheese and bitter lettuce. Not great value for £11. The main course was ok, but veg had been reheated several times by the look of them. Also think almost £7 for a glass of cheap white wine is over the top. We were not offered coffee or deserts. The bill for a shared starter, two main courses one glass of wine and one beer was almost £65! Don't mind paying for good food and good service, but got neither. Won't be going back

1 Thank Sandranjohn

“Good Food, Poor Service”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Went here for dinner on 28th December having previously been before and had a good experience. Tonight however was a severe let down, while the food was good the service was non existent. We waited around 20 minutes to order our food and after we finished our mains we were not asked if we wanted desert or coffee and it took us 25 minutes to get the bill. When the bill appeared there was a 10% service charge on the bill, I do wonder why restaurants do this however I can only assume its because of poor service leading to people not tipping. Overall I would not return

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Average lunch venue”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I've been here several times for lunch with colleagues and was a bit disappointed on this occasion. We decided against the Christmas menu because it seemed expensive for a lunchtime; we ordered pizzas and pasta dishes from the lunch menu. Service was good and the food looked great when it arrived. My pizza was OK, but not very hot - they need to be piping hot because they are so huge, they take a while to eat. The desserts were delicious but for example 'raspberry coulis' turned out to be a criss-cross dribble of sauce over the top, rather than a little pool of fruity puree like you'd normally expect.

Northumberland
“Best restaurant for fillet steak”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Although there are some poor reviews, when I have been to adriano's it has always been fantastic and good value for the food served. Service sometimes can be slow all depending on how full the restaurant is, but on the whole I still rate this restaurant highly.

The only thing is parking some where near as it is just off the high street and although there is parking nearby, it is always busy.

• Visited August 2012
Sunderland, England
“Overpriced for what it offers”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Went for dinner with a group of work colleagues. The bill including drinks worked out at £40 per head, which was poor value for the quality of food offered.

The starter I had (mixed seafood) was OK; the main ("Shoulder of lamb braised with potato, artichokes and onion served its own juices") was terrible: lamb overcooked, fatty and tough, but with the potatoes and artichokes cold. In short, the worst Italian food I've eaten in ages. The contrast with visits to the Trattoria Pizzeria “Abruzzo” in Berlin last month could not be starker. The "Abruzzo" is an excellent local restaurant, and if its owners ever opened one of equivalent standard in Gosforth, that would be fantastic.

I doubt that I'll be back to Adriano's in the foreseeable future.