“Good Food, Poor Service”
Review of Adriano's

Adriano's
Ranked #475 of 1,314 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Went here for dinner on 28th December having previously been before and had a good experience. Tonight however was a severe let down, while the food was good the service was non existent. We waited around 20 minutes to order our food and after we finished our mains we were not asked if we wanted desert or coffee and it took us 25 minutes to get the bill. When the bill appeared there was a 10% service charge on the bill, I do wonder why restaurants do this however I can only assume its because of poor service leading to people not tipping. Overall I would not return

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I've been here several times for lunch with colleagues and was a bit disappointed on this occasion. We decided against the Christmas menu because it seemed expensive for a lunchtime; we ordered pizzas and pasta dishes from the lunch menu. Service was good and the food looked great when it arrived. My pizza was OK, but not very hot - they need to be piping hot because they are so huge, they take a while to eat. The desserts were delicious but for example 'raspberry coulis' turned out to be a criss-cross dribble of sauce over the top, rather than a little pool of fruity puree like you'd normally expect.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Although there are some poor reviews, when I have been to adriano's it has always been fantastic and good value for the food served. Service sometimes can be slow all depending on how full the restaurant is, but on the whole I still rate this restaurant highly.

The only thing is parking some where near as it is just off the high street and although there is parking nearby, it is always busy.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Went for dinner with a group of work colleagues. The bill including drinks worked out at £40 per head, which was poor value for the quality of food offered.

The starter I had (mixed seafood) was OK; the main ("Shoulder of lamb braised with potato, artichokes and onion served its own juices") was terrible: lamb overcooked, fatty and tough, but with the potatoes and artichokes cold. In short, the worst Italian food I've eaten in ages. The contrast with visits to the Trattoria Pizzeria “Abruzzo” in Berlin last month could not be starker. The "Abruzzo" is an excellent local restaurant, and if its owners ever opened one of equivalent standard in Gosforth, that would be fantastic.

I doubt that I'll be back to Adriano's in the foreseeable future.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We'd booked a table for the 3 of us at 8.00 p.m. We arrived and were told our table wasn't ready and asked to sit in the waiting area. We were then ignored as two groups of people, 3 and 4 came in and they were shown to tables. We were not even offered a drink while waiting. Eventually we were shown to our table and ordered our meals. My father had a pizza and it was inedible and he only ate 1/4 of it. I had crab risotto which was awful, more like a cheap packet of flavoured rice that you buy from the supermarket. Two empty prawn heads were placed on the top of it for decoration! I asked for parmesan cheese and was rudely asked "what on seafood risotto". The waiter then came back and threw a teaspoon of it over my food without saying anything. The waiters were all extremely bad tempered and looked as though they couldn't care lessn and it was a great chore to work there. When the waiter took my father's pizza way (with most of it still on the plate) he did not even question why it had not been eaten! I do not know how this place stays in business; it must be that there is no competition in the area. I would never go back. If it was my business I would take off the service charge and then may be the waiters would try much harder to be nicer to their paying customers. The worst Italian restaurant we have ever been to.