Having just had the Newcastle area added to my sales territory, I needed somewhere where I could stay for at least one or two nights per month. I thought I would try the Staybridge, as Holiday Inn had a promotion based on staying in different brands. The fact that I have just changed another booking at another hotel in the chain to this one says it all.
I booked a studio room (apartment). The room is a good size, with a little kitchenette. There is a two ring stove, with saucepans and all the other kit one would need to cook something simple of an evening. There is even a dishwasher in the room. Large bed, good sized shower room. As a Platinum Priority Points member, I also had a free bottle of beer in the fridge, and some snacks on the table waiting for me.
The Staybridge has an evening reception every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, serving wine, beer and soft drinks, along with snack foods (pate and cheese). You don't have to mix with other guests and in fact, no one did, but it was a nice touch. Breakfast is a buffet breakfast, which is more than sufficient. There is free internet in the bar area, and sufficient light to work from a laptop. Car parking is available, although you are asked to display a sticker on the dashboard, as they have had a problem with students using their car park.
Overall, I would definately stay here again, and will be making this my base for future business trips to Newcastle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all-suite, extended-stay hotel that caters to guests looking for just one night, one week or longer. Whether relocating to the area, on a project, in training, or in need of a hotel, Staybridge Suites Newcastle is the ideal place to stay. Staybridge Suites Newcastle is located just moments from the Quayside area, with its excellent selection of restaurants and bars. Within walking distance is the Millennium Bridge, Baltic Centre, Tyne Bridge and the eye-catching Sage Gateshead. The city centre location of Staybridge Suites Newcastle puts all of the major business and leisure attractions of Newcastle within easy reach, including the many shops and restaurants around Eldon Square, the Theatre Royal, Centre for Life and Newcastle and Northumbria Universities. Staybridge Suites Newcastle offer 2 types of suites: Studio and One-Bedroom, many with stunning views of the Quayside area and the Millennium Bridge. All suites are furnished to a high standard; containing a fully equipped kitchen, living room area, work space, flat screen TV with over 100 TV and radio channels including Sky Sports and JSTV and complimentary high speed Wi-Fi Internet. Hotel amenities include a 24-HR manned reception, complimentary breakfast, on site convenience shop, fitness room, IHG Rewards points and complimentary guest laundry room. Join us for complimentary guest evening receptions (Tuesday-Thursday) serving drinks and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, IHG, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Upon Tyne