“Fine dining!”

Conservatory Bistro
Ranked #855 of 1,303 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: European
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This restaurant is pricier than most in the area, but the quality and presentation of the food makes it worth while.

I would describe the food as nouvelle cuisine - you don't get a lot, but what you do get is always very tasty. The menu is updated periodically, and usually has something for everyone.

Bread and olives are complimentary with every meal.

The service is excellent - most of the staff have been there for years, and know what they are doing!

Being a hotel, the drinks are a little expensive, and the dining room lacks a little atmosphere (and can be very cold so bring a cardi), but overall, we enjoy eating here.

Lunch and dinner are served here, and there are early bird specials available before 7pm.

Reviewed February 16, 2010

My wife and I had sunday lunch on Valentines day and had reserved a table. We had hardly started our pre meal drink when we were invited to our table. The Bistro was packed!! The service for the full meal was without delay and the meal provided was absolutely perfect. It was one of the best meals my wife and I have eaten in 43 years of marriage.The atmosphere and decor complimented the meal and we will be visiting again.