“Be Adventurous”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We ate at the Jesmond branch. Didn't like the look of it at first as it looked too open like a lifeless, badly lit hotel dining room. Don't be put off - we got fed up trawling around, went back & had a feast! Very authentic and really good value - we ordered extra dishes (& ate them!) to get the full experience without feeling we had overpaid. Staff a bit too humble but that was quite charming. Well suited to couples and large groups. Be adventurous with your choices - the less familiar it was, the more we enjoyed it as it was so tasty.

1  Thank Carolyn-Eric

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We chose this restaurant by luck - another restaurant we were heading for had decided to shut and change into a mexican restaurant. We got a table of two and the service was great - friendly and attentive. The food was great and superb value.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I think this is the first 5 stars I've given anywhere. I'm not saying it can be compared to a Michelin starred restaurant but in its category I can't see how it could have been improved or why it should lose any marks.
The staff were friendly, the setting was good, the prices were good (except maybe £4.50 for a pint of Peroni), there was good advice given about the food and, above all, the food was great, especially my chicken stew (Feserjan).
It is suitable for a casual meal or somewhere to take someone special.
I can thoroughly recommend it.

1  Thank ash666
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I picked this restaurant because it's only a five minutes' walk away from the arena. We arrived at 17.20 without a reservation and there were plenty of tables to choose from. However, by the time we left the restaurant at 19.15 it was full (including upstairs) but this may have been because there was a concert at the arena.

We were early enough to select from the 'lunchtime' menu which runs until 6pm. This offers amazing value at £5 for a main course which includes basmati rice (my rice was garnished with pomegranite and was delicious as was my saffron chicken). Starters (olives, domeh etc) are competively priced at £1.50. Our bill came to £24 which was for three starters, two main courses, a pudding (caramelised figs - gorgeous), a glass of house white and a bottle of Peroni.

This isn't fine dining - but if you are after an early evening meal with helpful staff - in relaxed surroundings - then you can't go far wrong.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We absolutely loved our meal here. We are being careful watching the calories at the moment and it was nice to see such a healthy choice on the menu. The food reminded me of the thye of food we have had in Greece before. The baklava is to die for so so tasty and better than any I've had before. If you fancy a change, then go here. There is a lot of lamb on the menu, and even though I don't eat lamb, there was still plenty of choice. The prices are very reasonable for example, there were 4 of use and we had a 3 course meal with extras and drinks for £100, very very reasonable if you ask me. Definately go here if you are in Newcastle. Very clode to the Centre of Life and Jury's Inn hotel, go one what are you waiting for? get a table booked, you won't regret it!