“Relaxing night out with good food in a pleasant restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pan Haggerty - CLOSED

Pan Haggerty
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Blaydon on Tyne
“Relaxing night out with good food in a pleasant restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We ordered from the a La Carte which provides a reasonable choice and is good value for money when compared to other 'pub' or 'chain' venues which are close by.

The food itself was of a good quality (I had the broccoli and stilton soup followed by the North Coast fish cakes, pea mash and fat but chips). Even though I was quite full I stretched myself to have the cheesecake desert and I wasn't disappointed

The only issue I do have is the 10% ‘discretionary’ service charge which is automatically added to your bill which can be removed if you go through the embarrassing process of requesting for this to happen. At the end of the day, if you provide a good level of service which this restaurant does then your customers will tip appropriately!.
dissapointed

Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Something different than the usual!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

The menu is varied but not so varied your sat there for half an hour reading through. We ate of the a la carte menu which was the pricer one. The food was lovely especially the chicken skin that came with the scallops.If I had to be picky the green mash with cod was a bit gritty and the doughnuts with the dessert were a little to crunchy. The staff are great especially the guy with the long black ponytail (top notch customer service).

All in all I would go again, it was a pleasant atmosphere, food was served at your pace and the staff aim to please.

Alnwick
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Visited recently with my partner and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening. One minor hiccup was the fondant dessert but when mentioned to the waiter he not only took it off the bill but also my partners dessert which was great and waived the service charge! Overall though we enjoyed the meal so much we left a big enough tip to not only cover the service charge but also the deducted desert. A wonderful restaurant with talented chefs and caring waiting staff. Will be back.

1 Thank Apc852013
england
“Lovely evening but please don't "rip me off"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Our table was booked for 7:15 (early evening offer ends at 7) so PH was still quite full! The staff were very knowledgeable efficient and relaxed! The wine beer and food was lovely but it was just that! Not fantastic just lovely! My crab starter had a very heavy sauce which I thought took drowned the crab but that's just my opinion! I had the lamb £19 I hot 2 lamb cutlets which had 2 maybe 3 bites of lamb on each served on "not to my taste" vegetables! We had 1 bottle of wine and 2 beers and At £50 a head I don't want to be sat in a corner at a pub table if so wow me with the food! It was a good night but don't have people's eyes out! Never say never but We'll not be going back in a hurry x
Think the floor staff best asset but someone buy them an iron!

Winchester, England, United Kingdom
“Informal but good quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Informal modern restaurant serving modern British food with a local bias. Nice airy space with pleasant waiters. Food comes at your pace and the staff are keen to please. Signature dish of pan haggerty can be had as a starter or main and is worth a try.
Hearty food and good wine list. Located in a quiet back street on the Quayside. Parking so distance so taxi or walking best. The Quayside in Newcastle is a wonderful scene of Victorian grandeur and the Geordies at play. Both worth witnessing and in the case of the latter, getting stuck in.

2 Thank Oystermouthensis