“Fathers day came early”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My Daughter arranged this meal for me and on arrival we were taken straight to our table. Menus were handed immediately and drinks order taken. The waiter was effectient at taking the orders although the food took a little time to arrive. However, when it arrived it was worth the wait. Each mounthful was nicer than the last. This was the view of my Daughter, my Wife and I who all had different choices. I choose off the early bird menu the choice from which was very varied and worth every penny and more. The house white wine was very palatable and reasonably priced. Certainly worthy of a second (and more) visit,

2  Thank David T

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I'm writing this review on behalf of my Mum and Dad who celebrated their anniversary at PH today. They had a wonderful lunch with friends! Service and food were excellent. They highly recommend it.

From my side David Caley was very helpful in organising a glass of champagne for each guest and then I called later to pay. There was never a requests pay in advance - all done on trust.....now that makes a change!

BRAVO for the team at Pan Haggerty!!!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I ate at this fine restaurant with my girlfriend to celebrate the end of exams. Little did I know, this was a Michelin star restaurant. This immediately raised my expectations. I can delightfully state that it surpassed my expectations and proved its worth. Firstly, the service was impeccable and the manger truly knew how to ensure we had an amazing experience. The breadth of knoweldge in pallet and service was encouraging and put both of us at ease all night. More importantly, the food was truly beautiful and encapsulated all that's true in good British food. We had the reccomended Pan Haggerty to start that came with a delicious homemade brown sauce. This was swiftly followed by a delicious special of venison and truffle mash, which was superb in texture and taste. After many champagne flutes and empty plates, we ended on the desert named Doughnut. The manager was unbelievably professional and friendly as he suggested a amaretto drink to compliment the desert. He was spot on and it was the perfect way to end an amazing evening.

I advise anyone to try this beautifully constructed and tasteful restaurant as I assure you, you'll be smiling when you leave the door and forever reminiscing about the entire evening.

10/10
P.s I never caught the name of the manager, but he was excellent and a true name in the catering industry and the restaurant should be proud to have him.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

It's busy, but then once you've eaten here you understand why. Lovely understated and informal service leaving the food to do the talking- and it does !

Highlights were beef main course which was just amazing to eat and the cherry doughnuts which were a delight.

Will definately make a point of returning and recommend it to anyone who loves great food in an informal setting.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I visited Pan Haggerty for my birthday. The whole experience was fantastic from start to finish. The amazing menu made it difficult to choose what to have but i eventually decided on scallops and stonebass . The service was excellent with all members of staff being friendly and attentive without intruding on our conversation/evening. There was a god selection of wines to choose from and staff were more than happy to share their recommendations to make my decisions easier. The decor creates a relaxing ambiance and i definitely look forward to many more dining experiences here in the near future.