“Very good”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Great value and a great experience. The mackerel starter was sublime, accompanied by a chorizo and spring onion risotto it was the highlight. The main of pollock with red cabbage and mash was disappointing. The ingredients were very good but the execution/construction of the dish made it a 'sloppy' experience that made me feel a little queasy. The cheese board was splendid as were the drinks and service although the youngest guys over attentiveness to every single female diner made us chuckle! Great restaurant and as for the main, everyone is allowed an off day especially when the overall standard is so high. Will definitely be returning

1  Thank kieronsmith

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Birthday treat for my daughter. Menu is interesting and varied, food quality is high and service is excellent. The bread is absolutely delicious.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have eaten at Pan Haggerty before, so when my son wanted to visit Newcastle for a university open day I took the chance to visit the restaurant again. we booked an early evening time to take advantage of the special deal they have, two courses for £12.50 or 3 for £16.
the choice is limited to approximately six each of starters, mains and desserts on this menu. the full menu is also available, and looks delicious, but I managed to resist temptation as I was paying. My son had a minute steak with hand cut chips and a red onion salad. I had pan-fried coley on red pepper and onion tapenade with spinach. both dishes were beautifully cooked and presented. the service is good, but not too obtrusive. there is a good selection of wines offered by the glass.
The portions are decently sized, not ridiculously small. I would recommend the restaurant to any friends visiting Newcstle, and if my son gets the grades I look forward to visiting the restaurant again .

4  Thank georgygirl1
Reviewed March 25, 2013

You will struggle to find a meal of this quality and price if you can make it b4 7pm and take advantage of the early bird menu. The staff are attentive but not OTT.

Well worth a visit

My only complaint - the toilets bit damp but clean.

1  Thank higginsn
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Organised a Sunday Lunch 24/03/13 for 20 adults and 2 children. Everyone enjoyed their food.
I had roast beef - super flavours on the plate and for dessert had sticky toffee pudding - not like the usual variety - this one was as light as a feather.
When you are the organiser, it's good to come away after the event with praise for the food and venue and big thank yous from your party for organising the event.
The staff were very helpful and looked after us really well, so another big thank you to them.

1  Thank Fred39