“Fantastic Sunday lunch”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My boyfriend & i called into pan haggerty's without a reservation one Sunday afternoon in December, the lunch menu was reasonable and exceeded our expectations. We skipped the starter as there wasn't much that took our fancy but had dessert instead. Good value at £15 for the 2 courses. Will definitely return.

1  Thank LixTraveller

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I visit this restaurant for a festive meal every year as unlike many others their standards do not slip and the menu is not replaced by a limited choice. On this occasion they did not disappoint with excellent service from the moment we arrived and. Our starter of woodcock pigeon was superb cooked and accompanied by an excellent celeriac fondant. My wife chose the duck and Toulouse sausage as a main and it was equally good as was my venison. After a suitable break - no one is rushed - we finished with a beautiful dessert. I would recommend Pan Haggerty at any time of the year.

1  Thank JCT1962
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I both elected to have the signature dish of Pan Haggery - I have had it in other places whilst he had only had my home cooked version. This was the best by a long way - it came served with black pudding and a deep fried quails egg - something we found hard to envisage but would really recommend.

When we next go - and we shall - we will have this as a starter and order another starter as the main is, in effect, a double portion of the starter and, whilst delicious, very filling, especially for lunch. The setting is lovely and the service exemplary.

1  Thank Sandra H
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife has a pre Christmas tradition of a family meal out on the Sunday before Christmas. We had been to Cafe 21 last year , which was excellent.
This year we tried this well known and recommended restaurant, as the Christmas special at 21 was uninspiring.We were not disappointed.The experience was more homely and less a fine dining experience , but the food and service was exemplary. £19 for three superb courses was excellent value, all well presented and cooked.
We enjoyed it and somewhat less pretentious than it's well known neighbour with generous portions and unusual local food.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

A nice relaxing venue for food and a quiet chat. The atmosphere was nice and relaxed and didn't spoil our enjoyment of our unhurried meal.