“Quaint”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed December 21, 2012

A nice relaxing venue for food and a quiet chat. The atmosphere was nice and relaxed and didn't spoil our enjoyment of our unhurried meal.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We went here for our anniversary for the early evening special, the setting was dimly lit, warm and stylish. The food was very good, service was also of a high standard. The only reason I haven't given the restaurant 5 stars is because I ordered the fish dish, which while very generous in terms of the fish portion and served with unusual yet moreish samphire (a type of seaweed), I felt there wasn't enough veg to balance and bring flavour to the dish. Quality of everything was top notch however, we would definately go again.

1  Thank ILoveLombok
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great Sunday lunch - 2 courses, £10.00. Barry had the beef, I had the pork - absolutely gorgeous - and not too much. We had a glass of house red and then I had the cheeseboard and Barry had a plum compote - stunning. People were being turned away regularly - so, be warned - book.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Absolutely delicious food, with a menu that changes all the time. The service is excellent and the food reasonably priced. This is without doubt my very favourite place to eat in Newcastle.

2  Thank cherryblossomtime
Reviewed December 3, 2012

A group of us went for my Birthday. We had all heard good reviews about the place but unfortunately we were disappointed. It wasn't all bad. The starters and deserts were nice - especially the desert but 4 of us had steak which should have been sent back to be honest. They were fatty and very tough. The chips were bland and the pepper sauce was dreadful. How can you get steak and chips WRONG! Oh and it was on the expensive side too. 2 people had fillet which was better and served with mash and a better sauce. NIce place and ambiance tho.

1  Thank Mike S