“Great eaterie near quayside”
Review of Pan Haggerty - CLOSED

Pan Haggerty
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Consistently good food, service & prices especially at lunchtimes.
Good choices on a menu which changes regularly.

1  Thank Aporo
There are newer reviews for Pan Haggerty

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Went to Pan Haggerty recently for sunday lunch having been tempted by their 2x courses for £10 deal.
The service was good, we were quickly seated and our orders taken. We were served fresh bread and butter which I thought would be 'extra' but was pleasantly surprised to find there was no additional charge.
Starters of soup/salad were both very nice followed by roast beef dinner with all the trimmings which was equally as good.
In short, an excellent deal for £10 (plus a 10% 'discretionary' service charge).

1  Thank KevEastBoldon
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My friends have been raving about this place for ages, so I thought I would give it a go. I am very glad I did. The food was wonderful, the portions were, I felt appropriate, leaving room for another course. I had the lunch menu pork loin which was delicious, with chorizo mash and lemon oil. An unusual combination (at least to me), but it worked nicely. The apple and berry crumble was devine and the custard just right. An impressive meal for the price and highly recommended. I noticed it got full quite quickly so it might be worth booking a table.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I think that might be a bit lost on non-Northumbrians (or more specifically those from the North Tyne valley between Acomb and Bellingham) but basically it is an efficient way of saying "hello" and "how are you?" in 2 syllables. I'll leave it in as recognition for the fantastic Northumbrian ingredients that make up a lot of this menu.

Pan Haggerty has a great location just under the Tyne Bridge, that said you don't get a great view. Don't let that put you off though.

We made a booking to celebrate my Mother's birthday. Lots of parking, a menu which covered things older folk like to eat which also stretches into more imaginative combinations made it a great choice. Through into the mix that we had a train to catch and my Dad was waiting for a new false tooth and you can see we had a few hurdles to get through. Overall this place delivered.

Really friendly front-off house staff, something for everyone on the menu and a better than average understanding of how to run a bar got the meal off to a great start. The portion size was perfect and although a couple of the individual bits on the plates needed a bit more seasoning the food overall was very good. There were enough other things on the menu to tempt me back in the future.

Thanks for a very good meal!

PS. Made the train but still waiting for the new tooth.

1  Thank simonhutch
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Visited here today for my mums birthday and I just had to leave a positive review straight away.

I rang the restaurant ahead of the day to check it was ok to bring a birthday cake and they were lovely and helpful on the phone.

Food was devine! We all had soup to start and the bread that accompanied it was delicious, warm from the oven which made it extra tasty.

All 4 mains were perfect, we had minute steam, fish cakes, sea bream and a vegetarian strudel. The staff didn't ask to ask who's dish was who's, they remembered from when we ordered. This was a lovely touch.

The staff were friendly and attentive just the right amount. They brought the cake out after our mains and some plates and cutlery which I thought was so nice of them, as some restaurants would not like you eat it there.

My only criticism is there was what seemed like a long wait for our starter to come, but that's only if I'm being picky!

Will definitely return, thank you!

1  Thank MissSparkles345