“Perfect for a romantic weekend!”

Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a unique and beautiful botique-style hotel located in walking distance to everything!
We stayed in a room called Laroche. Incredible charming room with high ceiling, doors out to a roof terrace, an old-fashioned bathtub IN the bedroom, an enormous bed and a bathroom with a huge shower. Perfect for a romantic weekend:) The staff is friendly, and the area is quite. The food was good, with a nice afternoon tea and sunday brunch, but you could get both dinner and breakfast along the river closer to the town center just as good. All in all, one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in!

Room Tip: Laroche! A deluxe double - the nicest I've stayed in!
1  Thank Diaboli
Rob T, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hi,

Thanks so much for your great comments following your stay here at Hotel du Vin!

It's always nice to hear.

We have just launched our new breakfast menu and Al Fresco menu so come and try us again soon!

Best Wishes,

Rob Tait

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Decided on afternoon tea for my daughters 21st birthday, not at all disappointed, very friendly indeed, lovely interior, nice fresh afternoon tea selection, very happy with it, may be one more sandwich per person and a small strawberry or chocolate mousse added to the cake selection would have made it perfect

• Stayed: June 2013

Hi,

Thanks so much for your lovely comments about your recent visit for afternoon tea. It's great to hear.

We are currently working on a new offering for afternoon tea with a bigger selction of cakes and sandwiches so you will have to come and let us know what you think!

Many thanks

Rob Tait

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My partner and I were given a Hotel Du Vin gift voucher from a friend - it was for £60 so I booked for us to stay at the newcastle hotel on the 10th June, a Monday night. I chose a superior room at the rate of £109. I chose this room as it said there was a roll top bath and a king size bed and I really fancied having a bath in a roll top bath but this was the top of our budget. A week before our stay I was sent an email offering me various upgrades at a price but I declined these as we had a whole week of places to go and needed to save our pennies.

On check in the hotel was very quiet and the staff were very friendly and we were told which room we were in. So off we went to our room which we presumed was an average sized room with one roll top bath and a king bed. When we opened the door we had the best surprise ever. The room was huge, splt on 2 levels and the top level had a shower and twin roll top baths and the bed was at least 9ft!! This room on their website is more then double the price we actually paid and I think is considered a suite. The roll top baths were brilliant!!

We checked in at 3pm and didnt need to go out until 8pm so we had plenty of time to enjoy the room and we loved it. I would have felt really sad to have been given such an amazing room and not had the time to unwind in it. Made us feel very special and was so relaxing having a bath and sitting in the robes having a few glasses of fizz. The room was clean and had everything we needed from soft towels and robes to really nice bubble bath and amazingly soft sheets. My other half said the bed was the best thing he had ever slept in.

We didnt eat in the hotel but the resturant looked amazing when we walked out of the hotel that evening to go somewhere else we had booked. Also if you are a smoker the hotel grounds had a smoking hut, this had leather chairs and a gas fire. My partner and I sat in this when we came back to the hotel in the evening and felt very cosy and had some nice drinks from the bar.

I presume we were given the upgrade to the really nice room/suite because the hotel was quiet and it was available. Whatever the reason it made our stay an amazing one as we dont go away very often and this was part of a gift given to us so was extra special. We intend to go back and stay again in this location or another hotel du vin location just got to save up!!

Amazing hotel with great staff x

Room Tip: The grande dame was amazing!!
1  Thank Coopster75
Reviewed June 11, 2013

fantastic hotel very welcoming staff could not do enough. Room was clean and spectacular. very quircky environment differeent from the norm. Highly recommend to family and friends. due to limited parking space the hotel offer to park your car in an off site car park but will return it within ten minutes if required. The bar staff also know there stuff they helpfull indeed.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel with my partner on a weekend away, the hotel and room were lovely,clean and very cozy. The restaurant was execlant value for money and the food was second to none, I found the staff accomadating and friendly and went out of there way to make are stay perfect.
I have stayed at many 5 star hotels but will now chose hotel du vin where possible,I would recommend this hotel highly

Room Tip: I stayed in the standard room as the deluxe where already book but it was still a lovely room I thin...
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Booked the superior double for a night away with my fiance'- a lovely surprise was that we were upgraded to an amazing suite which had twin roll top baths and amazing views over the Tyne. We found the mini bar rather pricey and unfortunately the milk in the fridge was off as the fridge wasn't very cold so couldn't enjoy the complimentary coffee...small gripe!

We had a lovely two course dinner in the bitsro- although very pricey it was delicious. Cocktails were also lovely :)

Will stay again.

Room Tip: Enquire about uprgades as if they're quiet you may get one fro free!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Hotel Du Vin is amazing. I think its the nicest and certainly most unique hotel in Newcastle. Service is incredible, on par with some of the finest hotels in the US. The rooms are just outstanding and each is very unique. My wife and I are in the process of staying in every room just because we love the hotel and decor so much. The bar is great with great bartenders. I highly recommend the Hendrix and tonic. We've drank the entire cocktail menu and every drink is fantastic. The bistro is not to be missed. Again, incredible service and outstanding food. In all of my years of traveling all over the world and living in Las Vegas. Hotel Du Vin is my favorite hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple