“Definitely one of my favourite restaurants in the toon”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Mezze

Red Mezze
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: MODERN TURKISH RESTAURANT SERVING HALAL COLD AND HOT MEZZES, BBQ DISHES, MEAT, FISH AND VEGETARIAN DISHES, TURKISH DESSERTS, TEA AND COFFEES.
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Definitely one of my favourite restaurants in the toon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I recently went for lunch to Red Mezze and enjoyed it so much that I suggested it two days later for a colleague's birthday lunch.

I would love to say what I had but the fact that the names of the meals are in Turkish and the amount of Efes I drank with my meal (I am irish after all) meant that I can't remember the names what I had.

I ordered from the absolutely outstandingly priced lunch special, with one cold Mezze (aubergine and pepper in a yoghurt sauce) being a particular high point. My lamb main with pitta was also outstanding and everyone at the table was very impressed with the food, price and atmosphere.

When the very friendly staff heard that we were there for a birthday they brought out a free dessert for the birthday boy and sang happy birthday to him with us. This was a very nice touch.

The only negative thing I can say is that we were seated beside a table of three people, one of whom spent about 15 minutes complaining (loudly) about his acquaintance who allegedly never pays his way on social occasions by apparently always disappearing when it's his round. Obviously this is not the fault of the restaurant, I mention it only to illustrate that our meal was of such a high standard that this is genuinely the only complaint I can make.

Truly a first class eatery, I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Durham
“excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

went here for a business lunch (the lunchtime special is superb value) and the food was absolutely fantastic. The owner is a really nice person too, some of the waiting staff were a bit haphazard and forgetful though which is why my rating dropped a point - wouldnhave been 5/5 otherwise. Will return for sure.

• Visited August 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Really nice meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Visited for a family birthday meal and was impressed! The food came very fast and was really nice! I tried a little of everyones meals and they were all lovely! We had a sharing platter type thing to start which was really nice and everything seemed fresh...
It was very busy and some people may have felt rushed at how quickly they cleared the table away (i was still chewing!!) but they brought out a free desert for the birthday girl which was lovely!
I would return again on a quieter night

“Simply beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We have been in this lovely restaurant too many times with our friends.And as a Turkish person I should have say that you get the best Turkish food served in town.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“great value & delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Extensive menu of both food and drinks - Enjoyed a bottle of Turkish Yakut wine-Something I have been unable to buy from a supermarket over here.
Hot Mezze starters for 2 well worth the share - Hallumi cheese, borek, Humous, Sausage - was a meal in itself and spoilt the main really as far too much.
The Mixed Kebab and CHicked Skewers were served on a bad of salad and rice - Huge portions and delicious and tneder meat.
Very cosy restaurant with very attentive service. Will be back thank you

• Visited July 2014